religious exemption and selective vaccination - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2010, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds#1 is delayed/selectively vaccinated - we have a religious exemption, being that he has not had any vaccinations since he was 2yo. Now we are expecting another baby in July - will probably follow the a similar pattern. Will selectively vaccinating this baby void my son's religious exemption? There is no philisophical exemption in CT, and religious exemption only exempts from the IDEA of vaccinating, not specific vaccinations...

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 11:59 PM

The safest thing to do would be to wait until your baby is done with vax then reclaim the exemption. It will void your oldest ds's exemption to start vaxing again so if you are in a state that keeps a vax registry you could run into issues.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 01-17-2010, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think the question is, will vaccinating child #2 put child #1's religious exemption at risk, since that exemption (for child #1) has already been filed?

I have no idea of the answer. I'm not sure any of the registries are set up to cross-check between children of the same parents, but it seems like that could get sticky (imagine divorced parents with different religious beliefs). But I really have no idea, I've wondered the same thing.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:30 PM

I am curious about this too. I have used the religious exemption in conjunction with my dd's immunization record at her pre-school this last 2 years with no problems. I have been questioned and have a decent response.

My state only accepts religious or medical waivers.

However, this fall she'll be going to kindergarten and feel I'll run into more concern about it. I am considering just turning in the religious exemption and nothing else so that no questions are asked. What do other parents do?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Opt out of the state registry. Only provide the school/daycare the exemption form, and no one will ever know.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)

User Tag List