Share your schedule? (2 yr delay) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, my daughter just turned two and I'm trying to come up with a schedule to give her Dr. on our visit next week. She is pretty open to doing whatever I want but I am having trouble deciding on a schedule. Would anyone who has delayed vacs until 2 years mind sharing their schedule? My daughter has only had the Prevnar shots. I plan on only getting one shot per visit and am willing to make extra visits to do so. Thanks!

Ally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 04:27 PM

We haven't gotten there yet, DS2 is only one month old, but here's what I'm thinking.

Skip rotavirus, HepA, HepB, flu, Prevnar, and Hib.

On the fence about DTaP - haven't decided when to start that yet, but I think it's not going to be this month, anyway. If we wait until after 2, we'd probably do DTaP or DT first, maybe six months apart, three doses.

MMR - at around age 3, or whenever the DTaPs are done, see if they've started making the monovalent vaccines again, and hopefully do those six months apart, or maybe just measles at first. If they never make the monovalent vaccines, I guess we'll get the MMR at some point, just one dose.

Polio - Start these around age 8 or 9.

Chicken pox - look for parties starting around age 2, consider the shot if we haven't found it by age 10 or 11.

Not very definite, I guess, but that's our plan right now. Hope it helps. If we go to public school, we'll have to get an exemption, as you can see.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM

I blocked out a schedule but have ended up being way more "ish" about it.

My kids had a few shots while they were babies...both had DTaP around a year, because I was worried about them getting into stuff, hurting themselves, getting wild dirt in a wound, as they started exploring the world. A booster shot by around their second birthday. A third six months-1yr later.

Polio in alternating 6mo or so intervals in-between.

Waiting on MMR, hopefully getting separated out vaxes of that that are due to come out in 2011. Would like to wait until after the age of 5 for my son especially, maybe as old as 7. Surely before he starts puberty, whether it's a combo shot or separated out ones.

No chicken pox unless we haven't caught it naturally by the time they're teenagers or so.

Looking at more research on the Hep A and B vaccines, but will do those...school age, maybe?

User Tag List