Tetanus - single does shot avaialbe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-20-2010, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
DKL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

Just when I think I am comfortable about delayed/selective schedule I find myself regressing back to breaking up single shots and in this case Dtap (which is a vax that truley scares me). My man is almost 23 months and I stopped vaxing at 5 months, well broke up the 4 month visit with HIB and IPV and then at the 5 month visit did the Dtap (Dtapacel) and then stopped all together. He has never been sick and and he has been in daycare since 3 months old while there has been numerous illness's passed around such as RSV, Flu's (confirmed cases of Swine as well) but again he has never gotten anything more than a simple cold. So my question is can anyone enlighten me to whether the Dtap can be split up where you can just get a Tetnus shot for a 23 month old? I am having trouble finding data that you can split it up for younger kiddies vs. older kids that get the T booster. I hope that makes sense and welcome pros/cons of not getting it as I again am perplexed about whether to do it or not. We are traveling abroad to Ireland soon and not sure about this and other vax's...

Thank you in advance
#2 of 2 Old 05-20-2010, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tetanus only is only available for 7 years and up. I think it has full mercury.

Here is some tetanus only info:

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page