Ohio Delayed Vaccine Exemption for Pre-School - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is strarting pre-school next week and I thought our pediatrician was sending us whatever would be needed to use for exemption, but all she sent was the completed form from the school with a note that "the parents have chosen a delayed vaccine schedule." I'm not sure that's gonna fly. Don't I need an exemption form of some sort? DS was vaccinated on schedule for the first 6 months until I started to do more research. Since then, we've followed the Sears schedule, but have not done varicella or MMR at all and will not do those until after he turns 5.

Help! What do I need to give the school? Can I even get an exemption if we are delayed???

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM

We're also in ohio - we had our ped write "see parent's note" & asked them not to fill out the vaccine info for the preschool's form and had a letter, signed by dh & I, that said we didn't think vaccines were in our child's best interest for her preschool (basically used a simple one I found on a vax info site. . . you'd find similar ones googling I think). All you need according to the ohio law is a signed letter from the parents - that should fulfill the school's requirements (and delaying, you need to just act like you're not doing vax'es). I think I included the ohio law that said that was all that was necessary with our written statement.

THIS is what I used more or less (there are others and more info on this site)
Old 09-01-2010, 01:20 PM

I"m in OHio too. Our school district(which provided the form) has its own exemption form and all we have to do is write a note. Nothing is needed from a dr. just our word.

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
Old 09-01-2010, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the responses. Sounds like even though he has 80% of what is required, our best bet is to just submit a letter stating that we are philosophically opposed, b/c I guess in reality we are, at least to the standard schedule.

Thank you!

User Tag List