Deciding on a schedule, moving states partway through - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 3 Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter
 
WifeofAnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,802
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
When Baby James is born we'll be living in Texas (allows philosophical exemption). I'm *hoping* we find a good pediatrician for the first 2-3 months but we'll be moving to Michigan (also allows philosophical exemption) where I'll have more selection for pediatricians since we won't be living next to a MTF. After James is about a year old we'll be relocating AGAIN but we're not sure where to yet. The places that we're looking at don't offer philosophical exemptions and I'm nervous I may be pressured into 'catching him up' ASAP once we move there. So far I've come up with this schedule:

2 months: Rotavirus, DTap (both on time)
3 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib (delayed one month, vax only visit)
4 months: Rotavirus, DTap (both on time)
5 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib (delayed one month, vax only visit)
6 months: Rotavirus, DTap (both on time)
7 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib (delayed one month, vax only visit)
9 months: Polio (catch-up)
12 months: Polio (catch-up), MMR, Varicella (on time)
-- moving after this point --
15 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib, DTaP (on time)
18 months: Polio, Hep A, Hep B (catch up)
2 years: Hep A, Polio, Hep B (catch up)
2.5 years: Hep B (catch up)

I've already checked and its the right amount of doses and spread far enough apart by the 'official catch up schedule'. What do you think? Assuming I find a vaccine friendly doctor in Michigan I only expect to encounter trouble at the 15 month visit. Once that visit is done I'll be catching them up "as soon as possible".

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
WifeofAnt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 3 Old 09-27-2010, 01:50 AM
 
PlayaMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it looks fine. i'd probably delay the hap a and b until later but i don't think it'll hurt to get them that soon.

i'd also skip the varicella entirely.

i wouldn't worry too much about the doctors wanting you to catch up. i've had a little pressure towards that, but more often than not i've had doctors say, "whichever you feel comfortable with." i think it's because they're happy that i'm doing any of them.

eh. who needs a signature?
PlayaMama is offline  
#3 of 3 Old 09-28-2010, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
 
WifeofAnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,802
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'd rather not do varicella either. If I can get the doc to forget about that one I'd rather get it done as late as possible. Since its a school requirement most places and I think they only need one I'd probably wait until about two weeks before school starts unless we're living in a state with philosophical exemption.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
WifeofAnt is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off