Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-30-2010, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'd do the DTaP vaccine first because both T and P are common illnesses in the US and the vaccine does prevent or lessen the severity of those illnesses. Also, the vaccine has been around for a long time with a good safety record. HTH.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#3 of 4 Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 AM

I also would do Dtap.

In our house we do

Hib (very spread out ) over the course of being an infant
Dtap next (although with our next baby we might go back and forth doing hib then dtap then hib than dtap etc..)

and then MMR we did at age 3 (and probably won't get the booster since most kids ...is it 95%? are immune after one dose).

We will revisit the hepatitis vaxes when my children are in middle school and will also wait to figure out the chicken pox vax until then as well if they don't get them first (and i really hope they do ).

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#4 of 4 Old 10-04-2010, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlady View Post
I'd do the DTaP vaccine first because both T and P are common illnesses in the US and the vaccine does prevent or lessen the severity of those illnesses. Also, the vaccine has been around for a long time with a good safety record. HTH.
Tetanus is not a common illness in the US, Pertussis is because the vaccine does not prevent transmission. It may lessen the severity however. I do not agree with PP that the DTaP has a good safety record. It is (anecdotally ie VAERS) one of the most reactive vaccines given with over 56,000 reported adverse events.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page