MS Pediatricians, Form 121 and Childcare - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-29-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just relocated to the Gulfport/Biloxi area and I am looking for a pediatrician that is accepting of a delayed/selective vacc schedule. Is this even possible here with childcare and the 121 form?? I was in NV previously and either I just got lucky that the center where my son was at didn't ask for updated records or it is a bit looser there, because I've been able to delay hep b, polio, mmr and varicella so far (ds is 18mos).

I went to the health department here to get his records transferred over and they wouldn't even give me the form with the ones he does have. "Noncompliant" I am...

I'm hoping I can find a ped who will let me alternate/delay instead of having to catch up all at once. AND still sign off on a temporary 121 until he is caught up.

TIA,
Becky
#2 of 4 Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 PM

Have you checked the law to see what is required? I thought MS law only required MMR (or titer check), polio, and DTaP. I think the number of doses is lower than the CDC schedule, too.
#3 of 4 Old 09-30-2010, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

pretty much EVERYTHING on the AAP schedule is required... except HepA, at this time. The health department gave me a pretty hard time about not having them all done. Every person I handed his records over to looked at them for a minute and said "there's a page missing" and I had to explain "no, its all there..." to which I got the "you're non-compliant" talk.

I did find a pediatrician that would allow me to separate out mmr and varicella so at least he is not getting all of the live viruses at the same time. and she signed off on the form. not the perfect situation, but at least a little relief.
#4 of 4 Old 05-30-2012, 04:26 PM

Looking for a doctor or daycare situation which won't require the AAP schedule of vaccines in the Biloxi area.  Can anyone help with information here?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page