selective vax literally not an option - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-16-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
every doc i can find doesnt have different vaxs they are all in one. so all of the current vax's are in one shot only. sometimes there is another one i forget which one it is though. anyone else having this? is it a lot worse to have an all in one vax?

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#2 of 5 Old 10-16-2010, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There are several combo vaccines, which one are you looking at? Most docs will not stock everything in their clinic due to cost.

You will not find anyone who can separate out MMR or DTap, they just are not available, and most docs would never give them separately. Pretty much everything else is available singly.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
#3 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

all the docs we have been to just do one shot that has everything in it. is that more dangerous?

idk shes 1 y/o now her last vax was at 9 m/o im considering not even vaxing anymore.

i have always had a problem with my gut instincts screaming no dont do it ...but then dh and the dr's always seem to talk me into it and give me a huge guilt trip.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#4 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM

It depends on the combination; I have been look into the big combos for a while. Many have less reported extended reactions and less localized reactions than giving them in singles. I think they can be a good option for parents looking to take the "non pin cushion route" (as my husband put it). There is less pain involved and, so far from what I have seen of the ones we are considering, less reported reactions per capita and less reactions reported on this testing as well.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#5 of 5 Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 PM

My ped. offers Pentacel, which she says has a very low incidence of adverse reactions. I've opted to get this one for all my kids that are young enough to have it, and then pick and choose from the other single vaxes that are available. Getting the DTaP was most important to me and although I initially didn't want to do the HiB, she said she's personally seen more reactions to the DTaP alone than with the combo vax. So that was the way I went and my 2 month old, my 20 month old and my 4 year old all handled it just fine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page