What would Dr. Sears say about DTaP schedule, when first one given to 3 year old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My almost 3 year old son has not had any vaccines as of yet, we are looking into starting the DTap but I am unsure how many shots we may need.Any help is appreciated!

#2 of 4 Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM

I"m interested in what he would say too.

That being said, DD,age 3 has just started the dtap series. She has had 2 so far. I had them given 2months apart even though the CDC catch-up schedule says they only need to be 30 days apart. I think I will have her receive 1 more dose, then wait for a "booster" for awhile. Maybe around the time of kindergarten or maybe not. Could have titer checked...

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#3 of 4 Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM

Google  the vaccine "catch-up" schedule (I think it's at the cdc or aap website).  I think if the last dose is given at or after age 4, they get one less shot overall.  So, if the series is normally 5 doses, it will only take 4 if you give the last one after age 4. 

Just googled the schedule.  Here you go. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/catchup-schedule-pr.pdf

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#4 of 4 Old 02-08-2011, 03:53 PM

He has a vaccine forum where he answers questions, just go to his site and ask.

mom to 4 kids, ages 20 mos to 11 years

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page