Dosing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I was hoping some of you would be able to help me with some dosing questions. I was wondering how many more doses if any and when if any boosters are due. How are you handling boosters?

This what he received His bday is 3/5/09

HIB and Prevnar at 7m 10/14/09, 11m 2/11/10 and 13m 4/26/10

DTaP 6m 9/14/09, 9m 12/15/09, 12m 3/16/10

Polio 15m 6/22/10 and 17m 8/20/10

Also I am expecting another little one this August. I want to delay shots until 6 months. I was wondering three things 1) is there anything I can do to protect the LO from Whooping Cough before I begin to vaccinate 2) Can the new LO be infected by my older kids receiving shots. For example if I vaccinate B for MMR can the baby get sick from being around him after the shot 3) I have 2 kids in school that are both fully vaccinated and I work with high school kids can we carry whooping cough home with us and how likely is this. I have not had the Td booster. Should I, would it give the new LO an extra few months imunity? TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Do you mean what doses remain in order for him to be completely vaxed per the CDC or only for the series you listed? According to the CDC catch-up schedule, he's due another DTaP & IPV now & one at 4 years old but the hib & PCV are complete. Not sure if you intend to do hep A, hep B, MMR or varicella?

I think the best way to keep baby from getting sick is simply to keep him/her away from sick people. I certainly don't think I'd choose to get a Tdap during pregnancy but it will likely be offered to you postpartum. It's recommended for all caregivers of infants but there has been much discussion on our boards here as to whether the vaccine truly prevents disease transmission. Personally, I am not yet convinced either way. I think you just have to choose whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

Although MMR is a live virus vaccine, it is not likely that transmission would occur.

User Tag List