vomiting after (DTaP-HB-IPV-Hib) Vaccine (Canada) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in Canada and the 2 month and 4 months and 6 months vaccines includes:

Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Polio, and Haemophilus influenzae type b (DTaP-HB-IPV-Hib) Vaccine

My DS got the 2 months ones on time I believe, I don't remember how he reacted to it.

He got the 4 months ones when he was 5 months old and then got a fever and vomiting several times a day a few days after the shot. 

He got the 6 months ones when he was 10 months old and again got a fever and started vomiting the day of the shot every few hours, this lasted about 2-3 days. 

After that I was worried to get any other vax because I knew they made him sick, not because I was worried about the long term effects or anything because he was fine and back to himself after a few days after both vax.

He is now 20 months old, the next dose of that vaccine he was due to get at 18 months (the 18months one is the same vax. but doesn't include Hep. B). I am taking him this month some time for the next and last dose, he has had this vax before and he is fine now so I feel like he will be fine if he gets this last dose. Also, until he was about 14 months whenever he had a fever he had vomiting as well. So that made me think that maybe the vaccine caused the fever and the fever caused the vomitting. So he hasn't vomited when he has a fever since he was around 13months old, so I'm thinking maybe he won't this time when he gets the shot. 

So I have 2 questions: 

Does anybody know (or know where I can find info. on) if vomiting after a vaccine is a sign of any long term side effects? Or, since he is fine now, and was only sick a few days after and then totally fine, that was the only side effect, and is over now? Or could the vomiting (or fever) mean something?

Does anybody know of anything that I could do to prevent him getting a fever after the shot?

Sorry if this is confusing!

#2 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 04:45 PM

Hi mommy2boys,

I'm sorry your boy has gotten so ill - how awful! I know some babies are more sensitive than others and while some will take well to their shots, others won't. Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Polio, and Haemophilus influenzae type b....that makes a total of 6 vaccine/drugs given at once. Sounds like a rather large number for such a little guy, and he's getting the same dose older children receive, so it sounds like his reaction to these vaccine/drugs is akin to reacting to being poisoned. If you yourself were to take 6 drugs together, would it surprise you if you did vomit and have a fever or not? Maybe it would be a good idea to slow down and look into each vaccine's effects on him individually? It sounds like he is being overwhelmed, poor little guy!

Knowledge is power.

But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, reading.gif the heart which believes in it, heartbeat.gif and the hands which wield it.goodvibes.gif

#3 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, yeah he's my 2nd son. With my first I didn't even think about all this, just listened to the doctor and got all vaccines on time, and he never got sick so I didn't think anything of it. I just started looking into all this after my second son got sick after his second dose of that vaccine. I don't even think they separate those here. That is just one out of the three vaccines for 2 month olds here, here's the immunization schedual here: (My DS has had all of these except the 18months ones. I'm just worried about the one I mentioned in my original post because I think that's what made him sick) 

2 months old

- DTaP-HB-IPV-Hib: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Hib, Hepatitis B

- Men-C: Meningococcal disease

- Pneu-C-13: Pneumococcal disease

4 months old

6 months old

12 months old

- Men-C: Meningococcal disease

- MMR: Measles, Mumps, Rubella

- Varicella: Chicken Pox

18 months old

- DTaP-IPV-Hib: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Hib

- MMR: Measles, Mumps, Rubella

4-6 years

- DTaP-IPV: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio

#4 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Not sure if vomiting is connected to long term effects. Check out www.vaccishield.com for research about which nutrients can decrease side effects, saw a thread on crunchy mamas international on Facebook where a mom used vaccishield to address her child's fevers with vaccinations. Hope this helps!
#5 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 PM

Like you, with my first I was clueless and didn't think or question it, just went along trustingly with the schedule. With my second I continued to do the same until I had a nasty awakening when she reacted to her shots with a near death seizure. It had a huge impact because after that she became speech delayed and was diagnosed with "pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified" and went through speech therapy. It really woke me up and got me thinking to research and question these vaccines and what they are doing to the minds and bodies of our children. 

I would implore you to put your son's impending round of vaccines and their probable trauma to him on hold while you begin to educate yourself more on this issue. I cannot emphasize enough how important this is, especially because of your son's strong reactions to all of these multiple vaccines. How can you even pinpoint which vaccine or vaccines he reacted to when he received so many at once? You asked about long-term effects and the truth of the matter is, who knows? Something could show up months or years in the future, maybe he'll be really lucky and turn out just fine, or perhaps the next round of shots will push him over the edge. You would do your son a great service to delve into this issue more deeply. Going along with the program doesn't seem to be working very well for him. The alarm bell has gone off repeatedly so please stop pressing the snooze button because it is time to awaken. Your son's future well-being depends on it. What does your heart tell you?

There are many good sources and references here on MDC and on the internet. Give the "Resources" and "How Do You Decide?" forums a look too. Maybe some good books can help you too. I can start you with this: http://www.thinktwice.com/ and this: http://www.nvic.org/. I have many many more but I don't want to overwhelm you. I just want to give you a gentle nudge so you can wake up my dear. Thank you for reading my post and I wish you and your precious boys the best.

Knowledge is power.

But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, reading.gif the heart which believes in it, heartbeat.gif and the hands which wield it.goodvibes.gif

#6 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies

I see what you are saying Lovemy3gilrs, first of all I'm soo sorry about what happened to your daughter. With my DS the thing is that I was really worried about getting his 12 month shots after he got so sick after the 6 months ones, so I didn't get them until he was 18months. And after those ones he was totally fine, didn't get sick or cranky or anything at all. The reason I think it is the DTaP-HB-IPV-Hib (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Hib, Hepatitis B) shot that cause the reaction is because that is the only one that he got at 4 & 6 months when he got sick after and not at 12 months when he had no reaction. So he hasn't had this vaccine since last May. Thanks for the resource links you gave. I will look into all that. But honestly, I feel like I want to get it done and I think that since he is older now and doesn't puke when he has fevers anymore, maybe he will be fine. But your post is making me question that... this is hard!!!! I never really considered not-vaxing, but I don't know what to do now. I have been looking into it a bit, and I think that I might just do a delayed vax schedule. What did you end up doing with your daughter after that? Do you just not vax at all now? 

#7 of 8 Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy22boys View Post

The reason I think it is the DTaP-HB-IPV-Hib (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Hib, Hepatitis B) shot that cause the reaction is because that is the only one that he got at 4 & 6 months when he got sick after and not at 12 months when he had no reaction. 

How right you are to listen to your intuition on this! I agree with your conclusion. It sounds like ds2 (like many other people) had a severe allergic reaction to something in this drug cocktail. The DTaP - the pertussis component could be the culprit. Your son's previous reactions should definitely be a strong contraindication to getting injected with it from now on.

I know all of this is hard. I totally understand. You want to do what is best for your kids and protect them. The absolute last thing I want to do is make you doubt yourself. On the contrary, I encourage you to learn as much as you can about vaccines - what exactly is in them and what they really do (the good, the bad, and the ugly) and empower yourself with the knowledge you gain. Researching this stuff is like jumping into what looks like a clear lake only to find yourself plumbing the depths of a murky swamp. There is a lot of information that is suppressed or hidden and it is well worth the time and effort to research it.

After learning more about vaccines and brain inflammation (the brain has an immune system too) we decided to stop vaccinating ds2 (no boosters) and it has given her the opportunity to heal over time. Everyone's decision to vaccinate either completely, selectively, or not at all is highly personal. I just wanted to let you know there's much more to this issue than meets the eye. But I think your intuition is already telling you that. wink1.gif

Knowledge is power.

#8 of 8 Old 03-08-2011, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3girls View Post

I know all of this is hard. I totally understand. You want to do what is best for your kids and protect them. The absolute last thing I want to do is make you doubt yourself. On the contrary, I encourage you to learn as much as you can about vaccines - what exactly is in them and what they really do (the good, the bad, and the ugly) and empower yourself with the knowledge you gain. Researching this stuff is like jumping into what looks like a clear lake only to find yourself plumbing the depths of a murky swamp. There is a lot of information that is suppressed or hidden and it is well worth the time and effort to research it.

You didn't make me doubt myself, you just made me realize I have to stop ignoring my intuition and look into this some more. Thank you so much for doing that! 

After looking at the links you suggested I am so thankful to you for saying everything you said that made me look into this further. I am definitely putting off that vax for now, and will continue to research. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page