I apologize if this has been discussed previously, but if I could get any insight on this I would really appreciate it. My baby has been vaccinated basically on schedule since birth (he is now 10 months old) until we became "enlightened" and learned more about the concerns surrounding vaccination (we've read Sears, The Vaccine Book, specifically and have done some research online). We'd like to selectively vaccinate and delay some of the vaccines. At 12 months, we plan to decline the Hep A, MMR, and Varicella (not sure how our pediatrician will react to this...). I think we will not do the Hep A and Varicella at all, perhaps delay MMR for a while, but check titers at age 5 and proceed from there.
The trouble is, my son is in pretty regular contact with his 3 cousins (all fully vaccinated), 1 of which goes to public school. He also has "playdates" with a baby his age (also fully vaccinated) who regularly goes to daycare.
Should I perhaps re-think the decision to delay/selectively vaccinate? He is a breastfed baby, too.
|23 members and 14,223 guests|
|AllTomorrowsParties , bananabee , Deborah , Dina1 , emmy526 , girlspn , jamesmorrow , judybean , katelove , Katherine73 , Lucee , Lydia08 , MamadeRumi , manyhatsmom , mkat , moominmamma , philomom , rightkindofme , RollerCoasterMama , Shmootzi , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|