I've decided to to only selectively vax after much research. I want DD to get DTap but I don't want her to get the combo vax. I will be calling her peds office to see what they have. What should I tell them when asked about vax? Usually the nurse asks first and I can just tell her that I want the dtap today. The dr though may give me more issues,but I am not sure. He is older and very pro vax. Last visit I told him I was doing my research and wanted to be more informed and we weren't doing any that day. He asked if I had any "specific" concerns and I said no because I didn't really want to discuss it with him, so he ran through all the typical concerns and said why they really weren't or shouldn't be concerns. He gave me the cdc website for reference and I asked for copies of her vax to date and the schedule they follow.
Anyway I am wondering what to tell him if he wants more info about my decisions, or why the dtap but not the combo vax. I really don't want to discuss this with him. How do I request a certain brand? i'll have to go back and look at the brands but one has less aluminum but has traces of mercury while the other 2 have more aluminum but no mecury... which would you pick?
Are you basing your decision on mercury and aluminum levels alone? Have you considered toxin levels of Diphtheria,Pertussis & Tetanus too? http://www.trackingvaccinations.com/#levels
It sounds like you are not very comfortable with your current doctor, and feel a little bullied by him. Is it time to look for another pediatrician you would feel more comfortable with speaking up about your concerns? Would you consider DT only? The P component is often problematic. Well, actually each toxin can cause problems. I can't tell you which brand to pick (I no longer vax) but if your heart is set on vaccinating with this particular vaccine, try to pick the least of all the evils if possible.
Knowledge is power.
But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, the heart which believes in it, and the hands which wield it.