Vax exemption forms..updating them? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When my oldest dd started preschool in Sept of '09, she was unvaxed and we put religious exemptions on all vaxes (we're in Oregon) She is starting kindy this fall, and has now had the dtap only. How to I update the form from preschool? Do I just make a new one? Add the shots on? I'm confused!!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM

You'll probably have to submit a new exemption form; generally a new form is required when a student enrolls in a new school or progresses within the district (eg. changing from elementary school to middle school).

#3 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 PM

We got the forms once years ago and have used the same ones at multiple schools, I just make a photocopy and they put it in their file.  Personally I'd use the old one if I could and not mention the dTAP if you could avoid it, but then again I want the school out of my health care business as much as possible even if it means they lack information. 

Our oldest had some of the vaxes many years ago (she got most of them) and when we got the exemptions for the others we got one for her too.  Sine then we have never shared any of those old shot records with the schools, only the exemption.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#4 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. I have the old one...the preschool gave it to me. I think I'll just keep older dd's as is, with all vaxes exempt, and I'll add the dtap for middle dd, who is starting preschool.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page