Need Advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2011, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I normally post on the I'm not vaccinating forum, but I have always been open to the thought of vaccinating our son (he is three).  I try to do as much research as I can, but obviously I do not know everything.  I am becoming increasingly worried about not vaccinating him and him getting a VPD (though I know that vaccines are not 100%). 

I just found out today that it is possible to get tetanus from horse manure and we live on a horse farm.  So, this has reopened the thought to vaccinate.  Along with tetanus, I am considering other vaccines, but I am not sure which ones. 

I am worried about menigitis (I have always been fearful of that disease not just when it concerned him).  Obviously I don't want him to contract anything ever, but that is not realistic.  However, I don't want to make decisions based on fear alone.

I am extremely worried about him having a reaction to a vaccine, but again do not want to make the decision to not vaccinate based on fear. 

So, how do you choose which vaccines to do?  What do I start with?  I am just so lost.  My husband does have input, but he doesn't really do any research.  I have everyone around me telling me he has to get vaccinated so they are unable to give unbiased advice. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-crunchy View Post

So, how do you choose which vaccines to do?  What do I start with?  I am just so lost.  My husband does have input, but he doesn't really do any research.  I have everyone around me telling me he has to get vaccinated so they are unable to give unbiased advice. 

I was very similar to you at first, but then I began increasingly worried about not vaccinating DS (who is 3.) I started with Polio (which was for public health reasons) and also tetanus. He is now getting mostly caught up and so far, nothing has gone at all wrong, and I feel better.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.

User Tag List