selective vax and school outbreaks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am informed that if there is a case of a vaccine-preventable disease at my child's school that children with waivers on file would have to stay home for some number of days. Since NC is "all or nothing" we have a waiver though actually have got most of the vaccines, so I am wondering what would happen if I brought in the vaccine records. Does anyone has actual experience with this?  Also how do immunization registries factor in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I believe as long as you haven't received any vaccines after you submitted the exemption, then it's ok. Technically the "all or nothing" only applys after you claim religious exemption because you can "find" religion at any point in your life.

This is how the rules have been explained to me. If there was an outbreak of a disease your children were vaxed for in the past, I don't think you would hurt your exemption by proving their immunity through past medical records.

Not sure about the vaccine registry part. I don't know if the schools can check the records there or not.

Meghan : Kayla~ 10/19/04 Jack~ 5/27/07
Evelyn~ 10/9/10

User Tag List