Vaccination for Traveling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband is French and his whole family lives over in France. We want to go visit them around the holidays. Our daughter is 10 months and hasnt has a single vaccination. I would like to keep it this way for as long as we feel comfortable, but a friend mentioned that my DD might need certain vaccinations to be able to travel overseas?

Anyone know the truth behind this? If so...what vaccines are needed and is there a waiver for "religious reasons"?

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

#2 of 2 Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have no idea if anything's changed in the last few years, but I know we traveled with our completely vax-free 2 yr old to the UK back in 2006/7 and had no problems whatsoever.  I believe they recommend them per WHO guidelines, but don't require anything in the EU; no one asked us about it when we entered.

Here's a few links:

http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1116.html#medical

http://www.who.int/ith/updates/20110427/en/index.html

HTH,

Jen

Jfly-by-nursing1.gif, partner-in-crime to Dfamilybed2.gif, mama to run.gif4, including our brand new rainbow1284.gifbaby.gifmissing my 7-wk-er

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page