need selective/delayed vax schedule plz prefer Dr Sears - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI Moms! I did my vax research when my son was born and decided to follow Dr. Sear's selective vax schedule from the Vaccine Book although we are a bit off schedule now since I delayed his 1 year appointment. Anyway I loaned my book to another mom who has not returned it or returned any of my messages. Can someone post or email me the delayed and the selective vax charts? I am in a bit of a panic over it since my son's check up is TODAY and I know if I don't go in there already knowing what I want don't they will try to pressure me.

Thanks!

#2 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 11:18 PM

Found this online

* 2 months: DTaP, Rotavirus
* 3 months*: Pc, HIB
* 4 months: DTaP, Rotavirus
* 5 months*: Pc, HIB
* 6 months: DTaP, Rotavirus
* 7 months*: Pc, HIB
* 9 months: Polio (IPV)
* 12 months: Mumps, Polio (IPV)
* 15 months: Pc, HIB
* 18 months: DTaP, Chickenpox
* 2 years: Rubella, Polio (IPV)
* 2 1/2 years*: Hep B, Hep A (start Hep B at birth if any close relatives or caregivers have Hep B)
* 3 years: Hep B, Measles
* 3 1/2 years*: Hep B, Hep A
* 4 years: DTaP, Polio (IPV)
* 5 years: MMR
* 6 years: Chickenpox
* 12 years: Tdap, HPV
* 12 years, 2 months*: HPV
* 13 years: HPV, Meningococcal (once Meningococcal vaccine is approved for age 2, Dr. Sears will move it there and delay Hep B by 6 months)

______

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#3 of 15 Old 08-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

That schedule is out of date. It does not reflect the fact that the separate measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines are no longer available.

#4 of 15 Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 PM

Thought Merck was supposed to be making the separate vaccines again sometime this year?

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines/return-separate-measles-mumps-rubella-vaccines-planned-2011

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#5 of 15 Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaSedai View Post

Thought Merck was supposed to be making the separate vaccines again sometime this year?

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines/return-separate-measles-mumps-rubella-vaccines-planned-2011

No. Merck originally stopped production in December 2008. In May 2009 Dr. Sears posted the information about the 2011 plans. In October 2009 Merck announced that they decided to never resume production. “Based on discussions that took place at the last ACIP meeting among scientific leaders we have decided that Merck will not resume production of our monovalent measles, mumps and rubella vaccines.”

http://www.pediatricsupersite.com/view.aspx?rid=44823

I haven no idea why Dr. Sears never updated his site. It has caused a lot of confusion in a lot of people.

#6 of 15 Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM

is there a new best age for MMR to be given if it going to be given, now that it can't be broken up?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#7 of 15 Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 PM

The health department can still seperate the three vaccines. It is still accurate.

#8 of 15 Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrommerhausen View Post

The health department can still seperate the three vaccines. 

Which health department? How do they do that?

#9 of 15 Old 01-31-2012, 08:38 PM

yeah i would like to know that too, because i have never heard that before. Adrommerhausen, can you please elaborate?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#10 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

The health department can still seperate the three vaccines. It is still accurate.

I'm curious too. How can they separate the trivalent vaccine if the individual components are no longer being manufactured separately? 

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#11 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

do you have any links to  corroborate this?  and where in the USA  is it available?   i know of a few moms who are looking for the separate mmr....

#12 of 15 Old 02-05-2012, 08:43 AM

although he/she may know something and hopefully will share it with us, i do notice that this was there only post here ever, so ill take it with a grain of salt.  i just dont see how you could "separate" them. kinda like unscrambling an egg 

#13 of 15 Old 02-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

although he/she may know something and hopefully will share it with us, i do notice that this was there only post here ever, so ill take it with a grain of salt.  i just dont see how you could "separate" them. kinda like unscrambling an egg 

You can't separate them.  You can only produce separate vaccines.

It's kind of like when they said they "removed thimerosal from the pediatric vaccines."  

They did no such thing.  They began to produce unpreserved vaccines, packaged in individual-dose, pre-loaded syringes. They stopped ADDING the preservative, they didn't reach in and take it out.  (Of course, they didn't bother to tell anyone that they continue to produce the old, thimerosal-preserved vaccines as well, but that's another conversation.)

#14 of 15 Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM

Dr. Sears posted about the combined vaccine here: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines/separate-measles-mumps-and-rubella-vaccines-no-longer-available-what-can-parents-do

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#15 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 AM

thank you for that post! this community is at its most usefulness when we get down to the facts and share them for us all to learn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page