Exempt from vacc. forms and suggestions for Maryland for school. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, need help with finding forms and any help/resources to help someone

who is transferring a little one for public elementary school to Maryland.

Where we can find current forms for religious/beliefe based exempt?

#2 of 4 Old 08-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Here's info on Maryland law:

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/maryland.aspx

And here's the form:

http://ideha.dhmh.maryland.gov/immun/pdf/896_form.pdf

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#3 of 4 Old 08-30-2011, 02:32 PM

I am new to this site and excited that I can connect with moms in my area regarding issues like Maryland  regulations for vaxes in the school setting. 

I would like info on religious exemptions, specifically. My child only needs the second measles vax but as you know will be have to be given full MMR to comply.

We have tried every angle and feel like claiming religious beliefs is our only route at this point.

In short child gets a high fever after all vaxes. We had put them off since 18 months b/c of our obvious concern that an otherwise healthy child get a 101-102 fever for 1-2 days after EVERY vax and is ill for at least 5-7 days after the shot.  We get the usual run-around from the Ped...that is normal, showing her body is fighting it off...blah, blah...many of the other moms I ask do not have this experience with their children.  I was hoping that last year when she was older and need a DTaP shot she had outgrown her reaction...but no, last yr when vaxed for pre-K with DTaP she got sick all over again.

QUESTIONS:

Will we be able to declare a religious exemption after having already gotten most of her vaxes. She is only in her second day of kindergarten and have been told she will not be able to return unless we comply.  So far we have given them evidence that she has an upcoming appointment, but every time I think that I must knowingly inject my child with a toxin that I am sure she will react to I get a sick feeling in my stomach.

Is it too late for us to claim religious reasons since she has already been partially  vaxed and is the school allowed under the law to question my decision or can I just sign the form and hand it in with big smile?

PERPLEXED IN MARYLAND!!!

#4 of 4 Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have a perfect answer for you but what I have heard from other people was suggesting that

you should be able to do legally what you are thinking about as technically there is no reason

to question your ethics and religion if you claim that at some point things are as you believe they are,

and you culd believe otherwise before. It does not seem to be contradictory from what I have heard.

However this is not a legal advise, it is just something I have heard from someone who seemed to know.

Other then that I would recommend you to speak to a doctor who knows more about vaccinations

and those kind of issues that might be of value to you in your area, DR. SEars list recommended

this name:

http://www.myhealthbuilders.net/aboutus.php

she is not in MD but in VA however it is just few minutes away from DC so technically

it is closer for many then any practice in MD.. and yet there is not even one practice

in MD listed on DR Sears list that would discuss vaccs with you..

Good luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page