Is there really a PRESERVATIVE FREE vaccine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When they label the vaccine as preservative free, does it really mean no aluminum, formaldehyde, mercury or anything at all?? Are there flu shots that are completely preservative free?

#2 of 33 Old 09-26-2011, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

There is no aluminum in any flu vaccine in the United States.

Formaldehyde is in flu vaccines, but not as a preservative. It is used to inactivate the flu virus.

A "preservative free" flu vaccine can still have 1 mcg mercury in it. Preservative free only means that the mercury in the vaccine is not acting as a preservative. Certain companies use mercury in the manufacturing process and then filter it out at the end. But they can't get it all out. One of the flu shot brands that comes in a pre-filled syringe has 1 mcg mercury. There is another company that makes pre-filled syringes with no mercury.

Multi-dose vials use mercury as a preservative, 25 mcg per dose.

All single dose vials are mercury-free.

"Preservative free" in a flu shot can mean no mercury, but it can also mean 1 mcg mercury.

#3 of 33 Old 09-26-2011, 05:57 AM

A vaccine can be labeled "preservative free" if it contains less than 0.3 micrograms of mercury in the finished product. To put that in perspective, a drop of water has a mass of 50,000 micrograms.

#4 of 33 Old 09-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jugs View Post

A vaccine can be labeled "preservative free" if it contains less than 0.3 micrograms of mercury in the finished product. To put that in perspective, a drop of water has a mass of 50,000 micrograms.

"Preservative free" flu vaccines either contain no mercury or 1 mcg mercury. There is no flu vaccine that is labelled as having 0.3 mcg mercury.

But a vaccine containing "just" 0.3 mcg mercury contains 600 ppb mercury.

To put that in perspective, 0.5 ppb mercury kills human neuroblastoma cells (Parran et al., Toxicol Sci 2005; 86: 132-140). 

20 ppb mercury destroys the neurite membrane structure (Leong et al., Neuroreport 2001; 12: 733-37).

200 ppb mercury is considered hazardous waste by the EPA.

#5 of 33 Old 09-26-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Preservative free" flu vaccines either contain no mercury or 1 mcg mercury. There is no flu vaccine that is labelled as having 0.3 mcg mercury.

I stand corrected

Quote:
To put that in perspective, 0.5 ppb mercury kills human neuroblastoma cells (Parran et al., Toxicol Sci 2005; 86: 132-140). 

20 ppb mercury destroys the neurite membrane structure (Leong et al., Neuroreport 2001; 12: 733-37)

The methodology in these studies are not accurate reflections of vaccination.

Quote:
200 ppb mercury is considered hazardous waste by the EPA.

Methyl mercury, not ethylmercury

#6 of 33 Old 10-01-2011, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

So how would a vaccine be effective without any preservatives? Wouldn't it shorten the shelf life or potency of the vaccine? Are preservative free vaccines misleading... in other words, not really a clean vaccine because it contains other ingredients (msg, antibiotics etc.) not used as a preservative technically.

Preservative free just means no mercury or much less mercury but in reality there are still toxic ingredients? Sorry for sounding so clueless, I'm trying to understand how vaccines work since I'm quite reluctant.

My mom would get the flu shot every year and each time she would contract the flu and then I would get sick. Same with my father in law. I understand it doesn't affect some people, but for others it does and creates a ripple effect. Sorry if I'm going a little bit off course. 

Thanks for the replies and information. I'm just trying to dig in deeper.

#7 of 33 Old 10-01-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
So how would a vaccine be effective without any preservatives? Wouldn't it shorten the shelf life or potency of the vaccine? Are preservative free vaccines misleading... in other words, not really a clean vaccine because it contains other ingredients (msg, antibiotics etc.) not used as a preservative technically.
Thimerosal is used as an antimicrobial in multi-dose vials of vaccines, to prevent potential contamination during repeated punctures of the vial. Since single-dose vaccines only entail one puncture of the vial, thimerosal is not needed.
Quote:
Preservative free just means no mercury or much less mercury but in reality there are still toxic ingredients? Sorry for sounding so clueless, I'm trying to understand how vaccines work since I'm quite reluctant.
Yes there are other ingredients, each serving their own purpose, but whether or not they are inherently "toxic" depends on your perspective. Any substance can be toxic in too great a quantity, even plain old water.
Quote:
My mom would get the flu shot every year and each time she would contract the flu and then I would get sick. Same with my father in law. I understand it doesn't affect some people, but for others it does and creates a ripple effect. Sorry if I'm going a little bit off course.
You can't get the flu from the flu shot, but you can still get the flu or other flu-like illnesses. The vaccine is not 100% effective, as the manufacturers themselves will tell you, compounded by the fact that uptake of the flu vaccine is rather low.

#8 of 33 Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 PM

Sorry I'm butting in here but we're vaccinating our 8 yr. old son for the first time,TOMORROW!!!!  We have our reasons!!!  While being breastfed for almost four years he was in perfect health...as soon as he weaned himself off   : (    he's had nothing but respiratory problems.  Along with asthma he gets constant throat infections, allergies...etc.etc.  It's just time for him the get vaccinated!  My mommy instincts have kicked in and they are telling me to get him on a slow schedule to immunize him for whooping cough, for one thing & diptheria for another.  We live in an area where whooping cough has become such an epidemic it's out of control.  He needs a tonsillectomy & anoidectomy on toop of everything else.  His dr said it will be in our interest to think about getting a tetanus shot before he goes into surgery.  Therefore, his first vaccine will be the Tdap.  The 3-1 and of course that's the one that has thimerosol/mercury.  OMFG!!!! 

My question is...how strong is 25 mcg of mercury???  I'm a nervous wreck...we have an excellent, hip dr and if we can do these shots seperately I know she'll be ok with it.  If our insurance won't be ok with it then we'll have to pay out of pocket, which we will even though we can't afford it.  I used to do TONS of research on vaccines but after we made the decision not to vaccinate AT ALL I left it alone thinking we wouldn't ever re-visit the topic again....well now we're in this boat where he's in unbelievably poor health 2-3 weeks out of the month with asthma/whooping cough etc. that I NOW KNOW my son NEEDS to be vaccinated....I NEVER thought the day would come & I would be saying this!!!!

Someone please help me understand how much 25 mcg of mercury is...I mean the boy will eat 4 cans of tuna a week if we let him   : )    He unfortunately has mercury fillings (fortunately baby teeth) but at the time we didn't have money for a good dentist or good fillings.  Are we throwing him on the conveyer belt of the American autism rate?  Will he get ADHD after this or worse?  I'm freaking out!  I've been on the computer all weekend then I remembered Mothering.com and how I used to LIVE on this site for YEARS and get the mag for years.  HELP!

#9 of 33 Old 10-02-2011, 07:39 PM

I'm new to this whole thing & I wrote something...I guess a "thread"??? but it was basically directed to you.  I can tell you know what you're talking about when it comes to immunizations and I have a question.  Is 25 mcg of mercury a lot for an 8 yr old boy.   You can read our brief story below.  Thank you!  Sara

#10 of 33 Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinMyLife View Post
Is 25 mcg of mercury a lot for an 8 yr old boy.  

Absolutely it is a lot.  25 mcg mercury in a vaccine is too much for an adult.

Fortunately, both brands of Tdap vaccine, Boostrix and Adacel, are mercury-free. The pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine only comes with the diphtheria and tetanus. A pertussis-only vaccine does not exist. There is no DTaP or Tdap vaccine that is FDA approved for 8 year olds. FDA approval for DTaP ends at 7 years old.  FDA approval for Tdap begins at 10 years old. Some doctors give it off-label, which is what your doctor seems to be planning to do.

I know you can't do anything about the mercury fillings right now, but you can limit or eliminate his tuna consumption.

I'm a little confused by some of the things you wrote. Tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you expect vaccines to improve your son's health? They are not designed to improve health, and they do not improve health. Or, were you just saying that because of your son's health problems, you are really scared about him getting certain diseases for which there are vaccines?

#11 of 33 Old 10-03-2011, 12:48 PM

No, no, no I don't expect the vaccine to improve his asthma or allergies AT ALL!!!!  I only desire that the vaccine prevent further infectious diseases from harming his body.  The fact that he already has asthma and he is being constantly exposed to whooping cough by immunized and non-immunized children at school, grocery stores, museums and everywhere else I think it's the smart thing to do....to vaccinate. 

This morning we vaccinated him with the DTaP vaccine by the Boostrix manufacturer. I have ALL INFORMATION if god forbid something happened.  Believe me I have been the HUGEST proponent AGAINST all vaccines forever....but my son has been NOTHING but ill since the breasfeeding stopped!  It's been a nightmare!  I just wonder...should I have vaccinated him w/ a thimerosol free vaccine....while breastfeeding and he was getting alll those wonderful nutrients and he wouldn't be in this horrible mess!  All of his cousins EXCEPT ONE are all vaccinated.  NONE have any health problems....except poor Leo who NOT only has severe Asthma but ended up with a horrible heart infection one linked to diptheria infections.  Makes me wonder???

About the 25 mcg's of thimersol....I know I've always thought that was such a large amount too....and yes for a newborn or a young, small baby.  However, he gets that much in a can of  tuna!!!  Point blank...it's just the truth!  I think for me I've lived in a certain mind frame for soooooo long...almost nine years that even wanting to admit that I had one mind meem would discredit myself as a mom, as a parent and as a person who has fervently fought my ENTIRE family ( parents, younger brothers, older sisters, aunt & uncle, younger cousins...one specifically had premies in nicu & had them vaccinated before they were barely breathing on their own),  I was so disgusted. I don'tn agree with that & I never will. So far...all of these kids are completely fine. 

It was ironic too because our son didn't say his first word until he was two!!!  Everone thought he was autistic...we knew he wasn't...they were just picking on us for not vaccinating.  He is soooo brilliantly smart... sooo intelligent.  By the time he did talk at 2 when we would be in the car he could tell us where we were and exactly how to get to Grandma's or to the grocery store, the different parks, or to Auntie's house...places completely across town from eachother & back home.  In school now, he's the best reader, best at math, everthing...I do attribute that to almost 4 yrs. of breastfeeding.   : )

My daughter who was vaccinated in the early 90's could NEVER do that!!!!!  So strange....she cried all the time etc.etc.  However...in the 80's & 90's the vaccines were so full of mercury, it's nothing like it is now!  Companies have finally done quite a lot to make them safer....they know parent's are sick and tired of it & we're onto them.  The drug companies lost a lot of money because parents were/are not vaccinating their children, which was our stance (we've decided after a very long "delay" to do an alternative schedule & in some cases not vaccinate for MANY "illnesses") OR some parents have decided waited UNTIL they made them SAFER....without thimersol...or to have a  a lower amount than before now.  A lot of parents don't bombard their babies like they used to...some do & don't even think twice.  I was on a website lastnight and the women on there were viscious!!!  Wow...if a mother chooses not to vaccinate or to delay or do an alternative schedule we basically should have our kids taken away and go to jail.  They even drank the kool-aid that it's illegal not to vaccinate.  Sooooo much more.  I couldn't help myself but the "OLD ME" came out and I had to try to educate them a little bit lol.  I haven't been back on yet.

Point is...there are just so many different ways of doing the vaccine thing, just like in parenting & ALL the choices we have to make.  Ultimately, the choice is our own but I enjoy this site becuase us women can have actual adult conversations, like educated women.  Which on other site women who don't vaccinate are accused of being poor and uneducated...those actually aren't the statistics....but whatever.  I thank you for the conversation and hope it continues.  I appreciate questions, corrections, thought pro-voking conversation that will make me think deeper and harder about what I do as a parent, the decisions I make and help make me a better mother everyday!

So, I've fought this fight and now nine years later I sit here choosing a different path I thought I would have never shoose...but I feel good about it.  I'm not scared like I was lastnight...something in me feels right about this, just like it did when I choose not to have my 2nd baby vaccinated.

: )

#12 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 AM

It doesn't sound like you are actually concerned about mercury, but if you are, he really should stop eating tuna. Of course, eating mercury and injecting it are two different things. If someone forced me to eat 25 mcg mercury in tuna or get a flu shot from a multi-dose vial, I'd choose the tuna, no question about it. But luckily, as I wrote in my previous post, Adacel and Boostrix, the two Tdap vaccines, do not contain mercury.

#13 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 AM

When you each tuna, 95% of the 69-ish mcg of methylmercury is absorbed through the GI tract and quickly enters the bloodstream, and takes several weeks or longer to excrete. When you get a thimerosal-containing shot, that 25 mcg of ethyl mercury is excreted within 7-10 days. I'd take the shot over the tuna.

#14 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:

When you get a thimerosal-containing shot, that 25 mcg of ethyl mercury is excreted within 7-10 days.

Really? 100% of the mercury is excreted within 7-10 days? How did they find that out? Can you give us a link? Does it cause any damage at all during that 7-10 days? Or does it take more than 10 days to cause any harm?

#15 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 AM

The point is it is excreted faster than methylmercury. What makes mercury toxic is the fact that it lingers in the body; pure logic dictates that ethyl mercury would be the lesser of the two evils, as it leaves the body faster.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12480426

LuvinMyLife likes this.

#16 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 AM

I don't see where it says 100% of the mercury is excreted in 7-10 days, which is what you said before. All I see is that the blood levels of mercury were not above the limits when they measured. Did they measure the mercury in the organs, including the brain? No, they did not, because that would require killing the children, or at least extremely invasive medical procedures.

#17 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM

When did I say anything about 100% elimination? The study (and other similar studies) measured mercury levels in blood, urine and feces to determine how long until they return to pre-vaccine levels. There will always be some detectable level of mercury, simply because it is ubiquitous and the body is always excreting it. Again, the issue is which presents more of a danger: the tuna, with MORE mercury that remains in the body for a significantly longer period of time (thus presents a greater risk for accumulation)... or the vaccine, which contains LESS mercury and exits the body much quicker?

#18 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Seriously??? I'm not concerned about mercury lmaooooooo!!!!! That's why we didn't vaccinate him for EIGHT YEARS!  And we've decided not to live our life in a BUBBLE! 

There's definitely a balance/a fine line....people that don't expose they're kids to ANYTHING EVER....have the SICKEST CHILDREN!!!!!  Just the truth...it may not have

happened to YOU yet...but time will tell.  Don't EVER tell me what I AM OR AM NOT CONCERNED WITH WHEN IT COMES TO MY CHILD!!!! Or what we should eat...also I don't need

you to "educate" me about ANYTHING....I had my child vaccinated with boostrix before we ever spoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

It doesn't sound like you are actually concerned about mercury, but if you are, he really should stop eating tuna. Of course, eating mercury and injecting it are two different things. If someone forced me to eat 25 mcg mercury in tuna or get a flu shot from a multi-dose vial, I'd choose the tuna, no question about it. But luckily, as I wrote in my previous post, Adacel and Boostrix, the two Tdap vaccines, do not contain mercury.

#19 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 04:43 PM

OK....J.J. LOVES tuna...my head has been sooooo wrapped around VACCINES for so long that I've had tunnel vision.  All I can say is out goes the tuna!  Thank you for this info!  I thought if

I let him eat no more than a can a week it would be ok....but accumutively it's alllll bad!!!!!  Like I just said we don't want to live in bubble but this just scares me.  One can a month....I can deal with that

I'm going to start researching tuna....ON TOP of EVERYTHING else!  Thanks for the info.!

Quote:

When did I say anything about 100% elimination? The study (and other similar studies) measured mercury levels in blood, urine and feces to determine how long until they return to pre-vaccine levels. There will always be some detectable level of mercury, simply because it is ubiquitous and the body is always excreting it. Again, the issue is which presents more of a danger: the tuna, with MORE mercury that remains in the body for a significantly longer period of time (thus presents a greater risk for accumulation)... or the vaccine, which contains LESS mercury and exits the body much quicker?

#20 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:

When did I say anything about 100% elimination?

Quote: "When you get a thimerosal-containing shot, that 25 mcg of ethyl mercury is excreted within 7-10 days."

Mercury does damage in the organs, especially the brain. That study you linked to did not attempt to measure the mercury that was deposited in the organs, including the brain, after vaccination.

You're never going to catch me or my kids eating tuna, so you don't have to convince me it's bad. It's not a contest to see which kind of mercury and delivery system of mercury is the worst. It's all bad. I'm going to avoid mercury whenever it is reasonably easy to do so. That means no tuna, and no mercury containing shots.

#21 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvinMyLife View Post
Seriously??? I'm not concerned about mercury lmaooooooo!!!!! That's why we didn't vaccinate him for EIGHT YEARS!  And we've decided not to live our life in a BUBBLE! 

There's definitely a balance/a fine line....people that don't expose they're kids to ANYTHING EVER....have the SICKEST CHILDREN!!!!!  Just the truth...it may not have

happened to YOU yet...but time will tell.  Don't EVER tell me what I AM OR AM NOT CONCERNED WITH WHEN IT COMES TO MY CHILD!!!! Or what we should eat...also I don't need

you to "educate" me about ANYTHING....I had my child vaccinated with boostrix before we ever spoke.

It sounds like you are happy and comfortable with your decision to give the Tdap, even though it seems like you still think there is mercury in Boostrix. Someday you'll find out there is no mercury in Boostrix, and you'll probably feel even better about your decision. hug.gif

#22 of 33 Old 10-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Quote: "When you get a thimerosal-containing shot, that 25 mcg of ethyl mercury is excreted within 7-10 days."

Okay, I see why I came across that way.

Quote:

Mercury does damage in the organs, especially the brain. That study you linked to did not attempt to measure the mercury that was deposited in the organs, including the brain, after vaccination.

Such a method wouldn't really be feasible, simply because we are exposed to mercury in our everyday lives, which means there would be at least some mercury in our organs and tissue before vaccination. I don't see how they could measure the mercury levels before vaccination without actually cutting them open... rendering them useless for the comparison, kwim?

Quote:

You're never going to catch me or my kids eating tuna, so you don't have to convince me it's bad. It's not a contest to see which kind of mercury and delivery system of mercury is the worst. It's all bad. I'm going to avoid mercury whenever it is reasonably easy to do so. That means no tuna, and no mercury containing shots.

That's where we agree, for the most part. Mercury, like every other substance, has a safety threshold; since it's unavoidable, it is prudent to limit our exposure. Would I completely avoid a vaccine due to the presence of ethyl mercury? Depends on the vaccine, but I also trust in body's ability to do what it is designed to do with toxins: excrete them.

#23 of 33 Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Such a method wouldn't really be feasible, simply because we are exposed to mercury in our everyday lives, which means there would be at least some mercury in our organs and tissue before vaccination. I don't see how they could measure the mercury levels before vaccination without actually cutting them open... rendering them useless for the comparison, kwim?

Exactly. I'm not saying such a study on children should be done, or could be done. So the fact remains, they don't know how much mercury is retained in the organs, including the brain, following vaccination with mercury containing vaccines. They cannot find that out by measuring mercury in the blood, urine, or stools 3-28 days following vaccination.

#24 of 33 Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 AM

There are actually ongoing studies to develop a means of detecting body burden of chemicals thumbsup.gif

#25 of 33 Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

Quote:

Would Salmon be ok for children? I am reluctant about giving my kids tuna too since there's so much controversy about it. But I'm thinking wild alaskan salmon is ok? Also, it's not just mercury I'm concerned about. Just toxins in general. I don't believe in shocking a developing immune system too soon. I don't remember getting vaccinated much as a child... never got the chicken pox vaccine or MMR but I do remember getting the polio one (oral and the shot in the arm).

#26 of 33 Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatsu15 View Post

Would Salmon be ok for children?

This is a good website. http://gotmercury.org/article.php?list=type&type=75 It says canned salmon has no detectable levels of mercury. Whiting and ocean perch also have no detectable mercury. Of the fish with detectable amounts, tilapia has the least, followed by fresh/frozen salmon and hake.

Our family takes molecularly distilled fish oil for the omega 3's and DHA.

#27 of 33 Old 12-02-2011, 04:57 PM

You write: "but I also trust in body's ability to do what it is designed to do with toxins: excrete them." The body cannot excrete all toxins. Water soluble toxins are, of course, most easily excreted. However, lipophilic toxins are far more difficult to excrete, and some cannot be excreted even with chelation. The body's design is limited in what it can and cannot eliminate with respect to accumulated toxins. It is important that everyone bear this in mind, not only when making decisions regarding vaccinations but when considering our children's environmental toxin load in general. Wouldn't want parents trusting the body's ability to naturally excrete toxins and failing, for example, to contain or safely remove lead paint from the household (and most cases of acute lead poisoning are the result of dust, not chips).  

Note that methylmercury and ethylmercury (the metabolized product of thimerosal) are both lipophilic toxins. However, the latter, ethylmercury, is "more lipophilic and therefore potentially more reactive mercurial than either methyl or inorganic Hg" [1]. As for excretion rates, though studies in the past decade reveal that ethylmercury is excreted faster than methylmercury, the jury is still out, and more research is needed to determine whether the effects of ethylmercury toxicity diverge from methylmercury toxicity in other potentially harmful ways. Either way, since both forms are neurotoxic, and studies indicate that ethylmercury is possibly more toxic to the kidneys [2], it is best to apply caution. To that I'd add this: whether one vaccinates or not, there is always risk, one worth assessing and deliberating thoroughly. But please do not simply trust your body's ability to 'cleanse' itself when potentially putting yourself in harm's way. Do not take toxicity lightly--there's a reason why artists are instructed not to smoke or eat food after handling cadmium based paint, and why people are instructed to mop or use a damp cloth to clean lead paint surfaces instead of sweeping or dusting. The list of precautions for avoiding heavy metal toxicity is long because heavy metals and certain other toxins accumulate in the tissues and cannot be effectively eliminated.

1. http://www.iaomt.org/testfoundation/thimneurotoxa.htm

2. http://ehp03.niehs.nih.gov/article/fetchArticle.action?articleURI=info:doi/10.1289/ehp.02110s111#top (Highly recommend. See especially 'disposition' section regarding thimerosal.)

#28 of 33 Old 12-02-2011, 07:49 PM

The second link is outdated. The first link, I'm not even sure what it is: a study or preliminary research for a study? The authors claim ethylmercury is more lipophilic than methymercury, however, peer-reviewed research in the Journal of Pediatric Pharmacology and Therapeutics finds the exact opposite:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018252/

...The increased lipophilicity and decreased water solubility of methylmercury contribute to its longer half-life and toxicity profile. Methylmercury is more potent than ethylmercury...

Nevertheless, all of this is moot, as ethylmercury is pretty easy to avoid these days.

#29 of 33 Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:

ethylmercury is pretty easy to avoid these days.

True, except for members of the general public who don't know it is in the majority of available flu shot doses.

#30 of 33 Old 12-03-2011, 11:24 AM

Understanding of the toxicity of thimerosal and its effects is still in its infancy, and a single study will often report contrary outcomes. For instance, despite finding that ethylmercury (a metabolite of thimerosal) is more rapidly eliminated than methylmercuy, a 2005 comparative study "found higher levels of inorganic mercury in the brains and kidneys of the thimerosal treated animals than in the methylmercury-fed animals." Thimerosal metabolizes into ethylmercury, an inorganic form of mercury. Studies founded on well controlled, rigorous scientific methods are never out of date and supply references for new research. Sound epistemology is based on current and past studies. No single study is all-inclusive. Theories are established over time, and medical research takes years, in the least ten years or more, especially for longitudinal studies, so the turnover rate is much slower than one might expect. I present this from a point of neutrality, not as an advocate for one position or another. Truth is all too often oversimplified, produced by competing discourses rather than illuminated through the processes of science. People like something they can latch onto, a simple yes or no. The truth, however, is rarely ever that clear. Thankfully, though, sometimes there is a definitive answer. I look forward to the research findings that shall unfold and change in the upcoming decades. Heck, just this year we have the possibility of particles traveling faster than the speed of light. Wondrous to imagine, and though likely to be proven false, it is nevertheless an exciting prospect. To think, Einstein at long last outdated; probably not just yet. :) 

Peace.

A link to the Rhesus monkey study can be found here: http://www.immunizationinfo.org/science/elimination-methylmercury-and-ethylmercury-body

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page