Excellent article about vaccination scheduling - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-22-2011, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/alternative-vaccination-schedules/

I think it's good to pay attention to what science and researchers have to say on this topic.  Anecdotes from friends and online communities is one thing, but solid, proven, facts are something else entirely.

#2 of 4 Old 10-22-2011, 09:44 PM

The author of that article has been an infectious disease doctor for 21 years and has seen one death from a VPD. While any death is very sad, I find this one much worse http://iansvoice.org/default.aspx

He sees the vaccination issue as black/white. You either follow the CDC's recommendations or you are a wackjob and for that reason I don't find his arguments at all convincing.

Bokonon likes this.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#3 of 4 Old 10-23-2011, 06:16 AM

Where were the "solid, proven facts" in the article? Perhaps your link is broken, but all I saw were stats about the number of selective and non-vaxers coupled with a deliberately subjective (the author talks about not liking statistics!) rant about deaths from vax preventable illnesses - without any mention of deaths from vaccine reactions whatsoever.

#4 of 4 Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 PM

As a selective/delayed vaxer, I found this article quite condescending.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page