Poor immune system - what would you do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just wanted to find out what other moms would do if they were in my shoes. I have an 11 mo old daughter who is EBF, has never been vaccinated and I am a stay at home mom. My concern is twofold : now that she is getting older she is playing more with other kids and I would like to take her to indoor and outdoor playgrounds, so naturally she will be exposed to more germs. Problem is I have been to the doctor and I am immuno compromised with a low white blood cell count. So if she is getting her immunity from me and mine isn't that great should I consider vaccinating against what I consider to be the biggest concerns: the viruses that can lead to meningitis and polio. For what it's worth I live in a part of the country that has a huge international population and is a travel destination. Anyway, I am not 100% against vaccines, but I was planning to wait until she was a toddler to selectively vaccinate. But now that she is 11 months I am not sure I am ready for it yet. Any advice/insight would be appreciated.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Did I post this in the wrong place?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 AM

maybe post on dr sears forum? i'm still debating on vaccines myself so i cant help sorry!

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination
User Tag List