Delayed/Selective Vax and Denial of TANF in Texas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

If a child’s parent or relative is also approved for TANF, the parent or relative must sign and follow the Personal Responsibility Agreement. By signing the Personal Responsibility Agreement the parent or relative agrees to:

• Train for a job or look for employment if capable (assistance is provided by the Texas Workforce Commission ).
  • Cooperate with child support requirements.
  • Not voluntarily quit a job.
  • Not abuse alcohol or drugs.
  • Take parenting skills classes if required.
  • Get medical screening s and all required immunizations for all children in the household (adults and children who receive TANF can get health care services through Medicaid).
  • Make sure that children are attending school.

Source, official Texas Health & Human Services website

Despite the fact that at the moment, we are only planning on delaying vax and opting out of vax we find unnecessary (where the risks outweigh the benefits), I am perfectly comfortable with filling out a religious/conscientious exemption waiver, but to my knowledge, those only work for school (I'm planning on homeschooling, though). I've read that it is illegal to use vaccination status to exclude people from public assistance, but obviously, I'll need to have more direct source material than my fuzzy pregnancy-addled anecdotal memory (I'm 28 weeks pregnant and in Texas, you qualify for TANF the month prior to the baby's birth, hence my looking now.)

Does anyone have anything solid to counter this, or will I be out of luck come month two when everyone is trying to shove vax down DD's throat?

#2 of 2 Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Not sure if this will help you...

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/immtrac/parents_public.shtm#immremove

it has an opt out of the tracker too...towards the bottom. 

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page