How do you split up shots? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-01-2012, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Ladies,

I am a non-vaxer and always will be but I am asking a question on behalf of someone else - there are many schedules out there, like Dr. Sears, Dr. Blaylock etc but how does a parent go about selecting some and not others?  In my country (UK), there is the pediacel vaccine at 2, 3 and 4 months of age which is DTaP/Hib/polio all in one.  The only way to get, say DTaP on it's own would be to pay a private clinic to do it.

How do American mums do it?  How do I find out about American selective vax clinics?  I'm asking on behalf of an American mother.

Thank you.

Mum to 5 unvaccinated children.

#2 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Welcome Joanna! Just thought I'd bump your question up for attention. Hope to see you become an active member here at Mothering. Let me know if I can help in any way. love.gif

#3 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you.  I am a mother to 5 unvaccinated kids aged 16, 14, 12, 10 and 5.  I breastfed them, did drug free home birth, organic food, cloth nappies (diapers), co-sleeping etc.

I have a vaccine website and have quite a few enquiries from American people.  Just one recently was asking about clinics for selective vaccination and because I'm from the UK this is quite difficult to answer.  I did answer the lady and give her one doctor's details and a link to Dr. Sears but I would like more info in case I get asked this again.

Thanks for your help and greetings.

Joanna.

#4 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

American clinics will offer both the combo vaccines and the individual ones (since we have more than one combo vax here).  Most clinics will give you whatever vax you want, but will pressure you to get the others to get up to date.  I recommend that parent know what vaxes they want, and then make an appointment to get those specific vaxes.  I always ask to see them drawn up to verify what is being given.  I know a mom who wanted to vax one at a time, her pedi agreed and they agreed on the HiB vax.  Instead her child was given Pentacel (Hib, DTap, and Polio) at all 3 appts.  The medical tech stated, "I only gave her one shot, that is what you asked for."  The doc denied knowledge that the tach was giving Pentacel, even though it was documented in the chart.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
#5 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

These are the vaccines that are available in the U.S.

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm093833.htm

I agree with anj_rn. Selective vaxers are at a very high risk of having mistakes made. They should ALWAYS watch the vaccines being drawn from the vials to make sure they are getting exactly the vaccines they want at that visit.

Tags
Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page