DH has to travel to China for work...what to do for unvaxxed DS (3yo) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH just found out that he will be traveling to China/Indonesia for work in 10 days.

My DS (3) is unvaxxed so far and I am suddenly starting to worry (never questioned this path before. Always knew we would vax...someday).

At the moment, DH has just gotten a DTaP, MMR, yellow fever (oral) and menengitus.

DS and I are traveling away from home right now and will only be in contact with DH for 3 days before he leaves on the trip. We are staying with my inlaws (who are pro vax and pushing me to take him to a local ped to get shots ASAP...of course). Until we fly home.

Is there rush of my DH passing something to DS since he is so freshly vaxxEd with boosters?

Who can share about this type of situation? Resources, knowledge? Certain versions to look out for (I am gathering from this board that nothing is straightforward).

At this point I am considering the DTaP now and MMR at home (possibly/probably).

To be honest, I am scared about vaxxing...I have a first cousin who reacted very badly to the old DTP. I know I don't have all the info to make a sound decision at the moment and am strained because I don't have the time I would like to research.

I would be grateful for any help!

Proud Mama to West - a delightful 3 yr old who loves to blowkiss.gif and  familybed1.gif.  Excited for a new little bean in late April 2013!

#2 of 3 Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The more I read in the forums, the more I feel I should wait until I am home to talk to my ped (who I trust). I def don't feel 100% about the DTaP (questionable immunity, etc) and am more scared of the MMR because it is live virus...though that seems to be the effective way to go as far as vaccines are concerned.

I do wonder if anyone else has had a similar situation. It would be different if we were planning a trip for ourselves, DS would be on the long plane flight, exposed first hand, etc.

Has anyone else had a partner suddenly start traveling overseas for work?

Proud Mama to West - a delightful 3 yr old who loves to blowkiss.gif and  familybed1.gif.  Excited for a new little bean in late April 2013!

#3 of 3 Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page