Which should I start with? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have just moved to Hamburg this last year.  My daughter is not vaccinated at all, she is 2 and a half now.  She will be starting kindergarten when she turns 3 which is when I vaccinated my son for Diptheria, tetanus and polio.  Thus far that's all he had.  My new ped is okay but is encouraging me to do the MMR and MeneC vaccine for him and the 5 plus 1 vaccine for my daughter.  The one for my daughter has Hib and pertussis as well.  I think she's too old for both of these vaccines but according to the ped there are no other options for her other than doing them individually. 

I have already decided not to do any for my son but I'm conflicted about my daughter.  What should I do, one with two extra vaccines that I feel are unnecessary or 3 individual ones?  What would you do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd do the five-in-one, but it's because I dont think she is too old for the pertussis. Is it just the fact that it's not life-threatening at her age, or some other reason?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 09-08-2012, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Which vaccines would you prefer for your daughter? Are you comfortable with the 5+1? Why not chose the combo of 4 (tet, diph, polio +pert.) eg. Tetravac if you don't want to have Hib and Hep B? I believe that there are more options to you than your doctor stated. I would inquire about that again.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Tags
Selective Vaccination
User Tag List