Starting fresh - a pediatrician's perspective - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM
 
japonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Canada-->Australia
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrella View Post

To address the "most important" issue, everyone will have a different answer.  In some ways it's apples to oranges, just like "what's more important, wearing your seat belt or or exercising regularly?"  Both can be lifesaving but hard to compared the "relative goodness".  This also depends hugely on your age and life situations (childed or childless, with elderly parents or not, teen or older parent, etc).  Those with older kids won't care as much about a vax that saves many newborn lives; those with only infants will not likely care as much about sexually transmitted infection prevention. 

 

My individual point of view is that lifesaving vaccines are most important, modified by one's chance of getting that disease and the chance of cure.  As another example: a vaccine for HIV if developed would be #1, because although prevalence (in the US) is low, death rate (for now) is 100%.  Hep A vaccine prevents a fairly common disease but almost no deaths and few hospitalizations, so I would rank that at bottom.  None of the vaccines in the routine US schedule are considered (by me) to be experimental or dangerous, so I will be avoiding any discussions regarding relative safety.

 

So against my better judgement, here goes: 

HiB (can be fatal or disabling and used to be a frequent cause of meningitis, blood infection, deafness and seizure disorder prior to vax)

Strep pneumoniae (aka PCV13 or Prevnar; similar to above)

MMR (because measles is wildly contagious and can be fatal; in some states we are approaching dangerously low levels of herd immunity)

DTaP/Tdap (in the US mostly for pertussis prevention, because pertussis can kill newborns)

Influenza (very contagious, 30,000 deaths per year in US, vaccine moderately effective)

Hep B (once acquired, no cure and can lead to liver cancer and/or cirrhosis)

Polio - still around and very disabling

Varicella (very common, very contagious, hospitalization rate ~1%, death rate ~1/10,000 in the US)

HPV - VERY common, can lead to cervical (and anal and throat) cancer

Menigococcal (MCV) - less common but very serious and sometimes fatal

Rotavirus (prevents a very common but rarely fatal (in the US) disease

Hep A (fairly common but rarely fatal or disabling)

 

How's that for a start?

 

I'm just wondering how I'm still alive. Nine of those vaccines mentioned were never on the schedule when I was a child. 


Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?
 
 
 
  
japonica is offline  
#62 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 PM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by japonica View Post

 

I'm just wondering how I'm still alive. Nine of those vaccines mentioned were never on the schedule when I was a child. 

 

You must be one of the lucky 75%. ;)

 

My mother had measles as a child, in 1946.  My grandmother had polio as an adult and lived to tell about it with zero complications.  My three other grandparents lived to their 80s and 90s with likely only the smallpox vaccine under their belts.  Anecdotes are funny that way, aren't they?

Juvysen, Magali and BeckyBird like this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
#63 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 PM
 
Nicole Da Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrella View Post

To address the "most important" issue, everyone will have a different answer.  In some ways it's apples to oranges, just like "what's more important, wearing your seat belt or or exercising regularly?"  Both can be lifesaving but hard to compared the "relative goodness".  This also depends hugely on your age and life situations (childed or childless, with elderly parents or not, teen or older parent, etc).  Those with older kids won't care as much about a vax that saves many newborn lives; those with only infants will not likely care as much about sexually transmitted infection prevention. 

 

My individual point of view is that lifesaving vaccines are most important, modified by one's chance of getting that disease and the chance of cure.  As another example: a vaccine for HIV if developed would be #1, because although prevalence (in the US) is low, death rate (for now) is 100%.  Hep A vaccine prevents a fairly common disease but almost no deaths and few hospitalizations, so I would rank that at bottom.  None of the vaccines in the routine US schedule are considered (by me) to be experimental or dangerous, so I will be avoiding any discussions regarding relative safety.

 

So against my better judgement, here goes: 

HiB (can be fatal or disabling and used to be a frequent cause of meningitis, blood infection, deafness and seizure disorder prior to vax)

Strep pneumoniae (aka PCV13 or Prevnar; similar to above)

MMR (because measles is wildly contagious and can be fatal; in some states we are approaching dangerously low levels of herd immunity)

DTaP/Tdap (in the US mostly for pertussis prevention, because pertussis can kill newborns)

Influenza (very contagious, 30,000 deaths per year in US, vaccine moderately effective)

Hep B (once acquired, no cure and can lead to liver cancer and/or cirrhosis)

Polio - still around and very disabling

Varicella (very common, very contagious, hospitalization rate ~1%, death rate ~1/10,000 in the US)

HPV - VERY common, can lead to cervical (and anal and throat) cancer

Menigococcal (MCV) - less common but very serious and sometimes fatal

Rotavirus (prevents a very common but rarely fatal (in the US) disease

Hep A (fairly common but rarely fatal or disabling)

 

How's that for a start?

Varicella 1/10,000 deaths in the US. This is considered rare according to US and Canada definitions. Polio is asymptomatic in 95% of cases and the flu shot has recently been found to actually give people the flu. Most of the side effects you described from the disease are also listed on the vaccine inserts as well. Since every individual is different they will have their own risk/benefit ratio. Not mentioned is that when you get a disease and your body 'works through it'  you are also usually protected by other worse diseases. For instance, getting mumps can protect you from cervical cancer and varicella protects you from getting shingles later on. All things good and bad should be considered when choosing to vaccinate or not. Not vaccinating does not mean that you will definitely suffer from any of these diseases

Nicole Da Silva is offline  
#64 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 PM
 
MountainMamaGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Not to mention the breastfeeding can protect against HiB well into childhood.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10195681


Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
MountainMamaGC is online now  
#65 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 PM
 
emma1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by japonica View Post

 

I'm just wondering how I'm still alive. Nine of those vaccines mentioned were never on the schedule when I was a child. 

 

My mother in law had polio - paralytic.  She would have recovered 100% with no issues, but she was fitted with a leg brace to stunt the growth, since one leg seemed to be growing at a faster rate than the other.  The idea was to slow down the normally developing leg so that it would "match" the delayed one. The leg brace succeeded in slowing down the growth thus allowing the other leg to catch up.  But then the "slow" leg decided to do some catching up of its own naturally, and passed up the permanently stunted leg.  Without intervention, she would now have two legs of equal size.  Instead she walks with a limp and has a weak, damaged leg as a result of the unnecessary brace.  


Loving mother, Devoted Wife
emma1325 is offline  
#66 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
 
Alenushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is she was vaccinated, she would have need interventions.
 

Alenushka is offline  
#67 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 PM
 
Alenushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Flu is made with a dead virus. It can't give anyone flu. It just can't. Not a scientific possibility

Alenushka is offline  
#68 of 157 Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
 
Alenushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, I would rather my kid has anaphilactic shock that is early reversible in a matter of minutes at the doctor's office than life long sterile or brain damage from measles encephalitis, or nerve damage from tetnus or post polio syndrom.

 

When I had my shock episode it was fixed in the matter of minutes. 

 

Efforts of Gate's foundation reduces cases of measles worldwide by 74%. Vaccines wor

Alenushka is offline  
#69 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 12:02 AM
 
pek64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrella View Post

Yes, it is.  Everyone progresses to AIDS over time.  There is currently 1 (that is ONE) long-term survivor with no onset of AIDS after many years.  Everyone else dies.  Period. 


Who is the one long-term survivor?
pek64 is offline  
#70 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Da Silva View Post

Varicella 1/10,000 deaths in the US. This is considered rare according to US and Canada definitions. Polio is asymptomatic in 95% of cases and the flu shot has recently been found to actually give people the flu. Most of the side effects you described from the disease are also listed on the vaccine inserts as well. Since every individual is different they will have their own risk/benefit ratio. Not mentioned is that when you get a disease and your body 'works through it'  you are also usually protected by other worse diseases. For instance, getting mumps can protect you from cervical cancer and varicella protects you from getting shingles later on. All things good and bad should be considered when choosing to vaccinate or not. Not vaccinating does not mean that you will definitely suffer from any of these diseases

The flu shot can not give people the flu. That's impossible. It's not a live vaccine.

Mumps prevents cervical cancer? More info, please. I'm not familiar with this.

Varicella does not prevent shingles. Quite the opposite. It is the cause of shingles.
MichelleZB likes this.
WildKingdom is offline  
#71 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 AM
 
fruitfulmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Between the Rockies and a Flat Place
Posts: 4,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Alenushka, seriously? Anaphylactic shock can be fatal within a couple of minutes and it also isn't always immediate after contact.

Juvysen and Bokonon like this.

fruitfulmomma is online now  
#72 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 AM
 
fruitfulmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Between the Rockies and a Flat Place
Posts: 4,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

FluMist while not a shot, is a live vax. 

 

We also have two threads going about a study showing that the flu vax increased the rates and severity of h1n1.


fruitfulmomma is online now  
#73 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 AM
 
prosciencemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

We also have two threads going about a study showing that the flu vax increased the rates and severity of h1n1.

 

In ferrets....


Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

prosciencemum is offline  
#74 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 AM
 
ma2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

mgrella, what would you do if a baby who was a patient of yours cried inconsolably for 5 hours following the standard 2 month vaccines?

 

Would you give the baby the standard vaccines at 4 months? Or would you do something different?

ma2two is offline  
#75 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 AM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post


Mumps prevents cervical cancer? More info, please. I'm not familiar with this.

 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2951028/

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Background

Epidemiologic studies found childhood mumps might protect against ovarian cancer. To explain this association, we investigated whether mumps might engender immunity to ovarian cancer through antibodies against the cancer-associated antigen MUC1 abnormally expressed in the inflamed parotid gland.

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Conclusion

Mumps parotitis may lead to expression and immune recognition of a tumor-associated form of MUC1 and create effective immune surveillance of ovarian cancer cells that express this form of MUC1.

 

 

#LearnSomtethingNewEveryday

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#76 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2951028/



 







 











#LearnSomtethingNewEveryday


Ovarian cancer does not equal cervical cancer.

#AttentionToDetails
WildKingdom is offline  
#77 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 10:35 AM
 
Mirzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Outside the hive mind
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2951028/



 







 




 

 

 


#LearnSomtethingNewEveryday

Ovarian cancer does not equal cervical cancer.

#AttentionToDetails

#IThinkSheMeantOvarianCancer. 

 

But you are right, I didn't read her post correctly.


Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

 

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Mirzam is online now  
#78 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 AM
 
Nicole Da Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Actually it's not just a possibility, it has been recently researched to show it actually happens. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/Vancouver+researcher+finds+shot+linked+H1N1+illness/7218719/story.html

Nicole Da Silva is offline  
#79 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM
 
Nicole Da Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post


The flu shot can not give people the flu. That's impossible. It's not a live vaccine.
Mumps prevents cervical cancer? More info, please. I'm not familiar with this.
Varicella does not prevent shingles. Quite the opposite. It is the cause of shingles.

Recent research show that the flu shot can give you the flu http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/Vancouver+researcher+finds+shot+linked+H1N1+illness/7218719/story.html
Mumps and ovarian cancer: modern interpretation of an historic association 

Cancer Causes Control. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2011 August 1.
Published in final edited form as:
Cancer Causes Control. 2010 August; 21(8): 1193–1201.
Published online 2010 June 18. doi:  10.1007/s10552-010-9546-1


Daniel W. Cramer,corresponding author Allison F. VitonisSimone P. PinheiroJohn R. McKolanisRaina N. FichorovaKevin E. BrownTodd F. Hatchette, andOlivera J. Finn

Varicella is the same virus as shingles, if you vaccinate for varicella you are more likely to get shingles. If you get chickenpox at a young age it protects you against shingles later in life because you are already have immunity to the virus
Nicole Da Silva is offline  
#80 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM
 
fruitfulmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Between the Rockies and a Flat Place
Posts: 4,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

The study was done on ferrets, *after* the researcher believed she had been observing it happening in *humans*.

 

 

Quote:

Researchers, led by Vancouver's Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an influenza expert at the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, noticed in the early weeks of the pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-09 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn't received a flu shot.

 

The article also states that five other studies showed the same results. Were all five of those done on ferrets also?


fruitfulmomma is online now  
#81 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
 
Nicole Da Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

 

In ferrets....

Yes the study was replicated in ferrets -which is the best used animal since it responds almost identically to how we do- after it was observed in the population

Juvysen likes this.
Nicole Da Silva is offline  
#82 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
 
Nicole Da Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

The study was done on ferrets, *after* the researcher believed she had been observing it happening in *humans*.

 

 

 

The article also states that five other studies showed the same results. Were all five of those done on ferrets also?

No they were done on human observance like her original, they just were done in other provinces. 
Professor Collignon from the Australian National University (ANU) has also been trying to bring this subject to light and research done in Hong Kong shows the same



"Some interesting data has become available which suggests that if you get immunised with the seasonal vaccine, you get less broad protection than if you get a natural infection," he said.

"It is particularly relevant for children because it is a condition they call original antigenic sin, which basically means if you get infected with a natural virus, that gives you not only protection against that virus but similar viruses or even in fact quite different flu viruses in the next year.

"We may be perversely setting ourselves up that if something really new and nasty comes along, that people who have been vaccinated may in fact be more susceptible compared to getting this natural infection."

^^ that was last year, this is why the ferret study was done, to confirm the observations that are being made in numerous areas

Hope that helps answer your question :)

Nicole Da Silva is offline  
#83 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 11:49 AM
 
fruitfulmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Between the Rockies and a Flat Place
Posts: 4,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Yep, thanks Nicole.


fruitfulmomma is online now  
#84 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 12:13 PM
 
rlneub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0008382

Systemic autoimmunity appears to be the inevitable consequence of over-stimulating the host's immune ‘system’ by repeated immunization with antigen, to the levels that surpass system's self-organized criticality.

 

How does this fit in with the multiple doses of vaxes like the flu vax or multiple boosters of dtap since it wears off so quickly?

rlneub is offline  
#85 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Doctor,

 

With all due respect, what I really want to know is are you interested in listening to the concerns of parents who question the safety and efficacy of vaccines and hearing about another side of a very controversial issue? Are you interested in looking at the evidence and science that is avaliable (if one bothers to look) suggesting that vaccines may not be as safe as the public is led to believe? Or are you just interested in stating the same old thing that the majority of the medical community states and asking us to trust that you know what is best for {my} child merely because you hold a medical degree?

Juvysen likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#86 of 157 Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Doctor,

With all due respect, what I really want to know is are you interested in listening to the concerns of parents who question the safety and efficacy of vaccines and hearing about another side of a very controversial issue? Are you interested in looking at the evidence and science that is avaliable (if one bothers to look) suggesting that vaccines may not be as safe as the public is led to believe? Or are you just interested in stating the same old thing that the majority of the medical community states and asking us to trust that you know what is best for {my} child merely because you hold a medical degree?

Excellent questions, Marnica.

Mgrella made his position quite clear:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrella View Post

None of the vaccines in the routine US schedule are considered (by me) to be experimental or dangerous, so I will be avoiding any discussions regarding relative safety.


Another doctor (assuming he really is a doctor) turns his back on those who have experienced severe adverse effects from the vaccines he says are "not dangerous," and completely ignores the science showing that there ARE dangers for some from these vaccines. He's not the least bit interested in preventing such reactions, in screening to figure out who might be at risk for such reactions, or in treating reactions when they happen. He's not even admitting that they happen, and admitted upfront that he "will be avoiding any discussions of relative safety."

Way to show you care, doc.
WaitingForKiddos likes this.
Taximom5 is online now  
#87 of 157 Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post


The flu shot can not give people the flu. That's impossible. It's not a live vaccine.
Mumps prevents cervical cancer? More info, please. I'm not familiar with this.
Varicella does not prevent shingles. Quite the opposite. It is the cause of shingles.

Actually you are both right in that one cannot get shingles if one has not had CP in the first place however once one has, exposure to the virus is what prevents shingles by providing a natural booster soooo what likely contributes to the likelyhood of shingles is the CP vaccine - which has taken away most people's (who have had CP in childhood) opporunity for a natural booster - Thanks alot 


If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#88 of 157 Old 09-22-2012, 10:01 PM
 
Adaline'sMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrella View Post

Yes, it is.  Everyone progresses to AIDS over time.  There is currently 1 (that is ONE) long-term survivor with no onset of AIDS after many years.  Everyone else dies.  Period. 

http://timothyrbrown.com/

Is this guy who you are talking about? I recently heard about this guy and am really intrigued by this story. 

 

 

 

 

I am interested to know what a doctor thinks about hours of inconsolable crying after vax. We are primarily selective/delayed because of DD's reaction to oral rotavirus at 2 months. She was soiling over 10 diapers a day for 5-6 days after the vax, and cried inconsolably. I dont know if her crying was due the the vax, or due the fact that her butt hurt, but it was enough for me to avoid that vax. 


Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Adaline'sMama is offline  
#89 of 157 Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 AM
 
ma2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

I am interested to know what a doctor thinks about hours of inconsolable crying after vax. We are primarily selective/delayed because of DD's reaction to oral rotavirus at 2 months. She was soiling over 10 diapers a day for 5-6 days after the vax, and cried inconsolably. I dont know if her crying was due the the vax, or due the fact that her butt hurt, but it was enough for me to avoid that vax. 

 

Was rotavirus the only vaccine she got that day?

ma2two is offline  
#90 of 157 Old 09-23-2012, 05:45 AM
 
emmy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am guessing she cried for ALL those reasons, and a couple more you don't know about...stomach ache, gut ache,  gut churning/burning,  she might have been able to tell when she had to make a bm and cried about that too, knowing it was going to hurt to poop.   If she got more than rota that day, that could have a lot to do with her demeanor as well.....  I'd cry too, if i was sick like that.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

http://timothyrbrown.com/

Is this guy who you are talking about? I recently heard about this guy and am really intrigued by this story. 

 

 

 

 

I am interested to know what a doctor thinks about hours of inconsolable crying after vax. We are primarily selective/delayed because of DD's reaction to oral rotavirus at 2 months. She was soiling over 10 diapers a day for 5-6 days after the vax, and cried inconsolably. I dont know if her crying was due the the vax, or due the fact that her butt hurt, but it was enough for me to avoid that vax. 

emmy526 is online now  
Reply

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off