Oklahoma Opt out help. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-13-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are doing effectively selective and delayed vaccination for our kids.  I keep going back and forth with myself in doing them at all or not, so my older kids had some shots and the younger ones none at all. They are in a private Catholic School in Oklahoma.  The School its self doesn't care what I do so long as they have their forms in order.  Up to this year just saying I had personal reasons relating to side effects was good enough for the State.  This year they rejected my forms even though the state law says this:

§70-1210.192. Exemptions.

Any minor child, through the parent, guardian, or legal

custodian of the child, may submit to the health authority

charged with the enforcement of the immunization laws of

this state:

2. A written statement by the parent, guardian or

legal custodian of the child objecting to immunization of

the child;

whereupon the child shall be exempt from the immunization

Anyone know what put on the form to get the state off mine and the schools back?

#2 of 3 Old 09-13-2012, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJN21 View Post

We are doing effectively selective and delayed vaccination for our kids.  I keep going back and forth with myself in doing them at all or not, so my older kids had some shots and the younger ones none at all. They are in a private Catholic School in Oklahoma.  The School its self doesn't care what I do so long as they have their forms in order.  Up to this year just saying I had personal reasons relating to side effects was good enough for the State.  This year they rejected my forms even though the state law says this:

§70-1210.192. Exemptions.

Any minor child, through the parent, guardian, or legal

custodian of the child, may submit to the health authority

charged with the enforcement of the immunization laws of

this state:

2. A written statement by the parent, guardian or

legal custodian of the child objecting to immunization of

the child;

whereupon the child shall be exempt from the immunization

Anyone know what put on the form to get the state off mine and the schools back?

The Oklahoma Immunization Act allows exemptions for medical, personal or religious reasons.

• Parents who want to request an exemption for their child for any or all vaccines should obtain an exemption certificate from the school in which their child will be enrolled.
  • If your child's school does not have an exemption form, they can call call the Immunization Service at 1-800 234-6196 or (405) 271-4073  to order a supply of exemption certificates.
  • County health departments and private doctors do not have exemption forms.
  • Parents are not required nor should they come to the Oklahoma State Department of Health to obtain an exemption certificate.
  • Exemptions are not allowed because of "lost vaccination records".
  • The form should be completed and returned to the school. 
  • In the case of a disease outbreak in a school, representatives of the Oklahoma State Department of Health or local health department will visit the school, thoroughly review student immunization records, and make recommendations to the Commissioner of Health on whether or not students with exemptions should be excluded from school or school functions for the duration of the outbreak.
  • The Commissioner of Health has the authority to exclude students with exemptions from school for the duration of a disease outbreak. This decision is usually based on the risk of disease transmission in the facility. The risk of transmission depends on the characteristics of the particular disease and the potential number of susceptible people that could be exposed to the disease.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 3 Old 09-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page