Long island new York and selective religious excemption need MAJOR HELP:,( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to see where to begin. I live on long island new York. Our preschools have never given us a problem about our delayed vaccine schedule. My daughter just entered kindergarten and the school nurse is threatening to kick her out of school if I did not get her the measles booster and two hep b shots. I had decided I was not giving my children hep b because I myself had the hep b shot at a sick visit on the drs office..we were talking about my upcoming trip to Mexico and recommended it. If I had known what I know now, I would never get a vaccine while my immunity was low. I was not educated on this subject on the time and listened to my dr.s advice. Little did I know I was maybe 2 weeks pregnant with my daughter. Once I found out I was pregnant, my dr assured me it was safe for my baby.
I gave birth to my daughter and never felt the same. A few months down the road I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Do I know if the hep b shot caused this? No but I have read their is a "possible link" to ms from the hep b shot. Being that my children have my genetic disposition, I do not want to risk this.
problem is that I gave her the measles shot but I do not want to do the hep b shot. I got a religious excemption form. I am Jewish and honestly it is not against my religion to give my children this shot..it's against me as a mother. I really feel lost and I think i may have screwed myself that the school nurse knows I did the measles booster.

In the state of new York is there anyway to selectively make a religious excemption? The only component I can find is yeast. I'm supposed to say that injected yeast into my child is against my religion?
#2 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You can call this atty to answer questions on the phone, too

If you would like to discuss obtaining an exemption from vaccines, please call 845 398 0521. If we can help you we will, thank you.
#3 of 4 Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Along with Emmy526 suggestion, this may also be helpful:

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/stateincludes/nyhelp.htm#cfic

#4 of 4 Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

NY is an all or nothing state. You cannot selectively vaccinate and claim a religious exemption. I hope you can find a solution.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page