Nothing - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 10-31-2012, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

I put the thought out for Mosaic to consider. I am not "calling for it."  MDC can decide.

I do think linking (and particularly discussing) sites that are against the UA might be questionable.  There is a line around censorship and "conversations MDC does not wish to discuss" that MDC gets to skate.

This isn't just a vaccine issue - do we post links to pro-formula sites?  Do we discuss them?  If those sites bash breastfeeders is that Ok - or not?

Why bother coming onto a forum at all with those kind of rules? I can't think of anything more boring. It would be like standing in a room talking to yourself all day.
#32 of 49 Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I don't get the issue with Paul Offit's income. Of course he made money off his vaccine; he invented it. I don't think anyone should make millions of dollars off of their work (I'm looking at you, hockey players) but our society doesn't impose a salary cap, so we can't do anything about that. In general, I don't have a problem with people being paid for their work. Paul Offit is a vaccine inventor--he made a vaccine that people use, and he was paid for that.

As an inventor of vaccines, naturally he has a fairly in-depth knowledge of how they work, so would really be the perfect person to offer a course on vaccines, their mechanism and history, because it's his area of expertise. That's all.

It's like how a composer would be the best music theory teacher. If they're a really good composer, they might even be commissioned to write symphonies or something and paid for it. That doesn't make them unfairly biased towards music. It makes them familiar with it, and therefore well fit to teach a course at the university level.

#33 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZB View Post

It's like how a composer would be the best music theory teacher. If they're a really good composer, they might even be commissioned to write symphonies or something and paid for it. That doesn't make them unfairly biased towards music. It makes them familiar with it, and therefore well fit to teach a course at the university level.

This is a common misperception.

Many highly successful composers are not formally trained in music theory, and have very little understanding of it, whereas most music theory teachers are not good composers. Familiarity with music has absolutely nothing to do with either the ability to compose or the ability to teach.

The same is true for instrumental music teachers; the best musicians are not necessarily good music teachers, and vice versa. Those are two completely separate skills.
#34 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZB View Post

I don't get the issue with Paul Offit's income. Of course he made money off his vaccine; he invented it. I don't think anyone should make millions of dollars off of their work (I'm looking at you, hockey players) but our society doesn't impose a salary cap, so we can't do anything about that. In general, I don't have a problem with people being paid for their work. Paul Offit is a vaccine inventor--he made a vaccine that people use, and he was paid for that.

As an inventor of vaccines, naturally he has a fairly in-depth knowledge of how they work, so would really be the perfect person to offer a course on vaccines, their mechanism and history, because it's his area of expertise. That's all.

and i can bet during that course, the music teacher is not going to tell her students their music choices are wrong ..... unlike a lot of medical drs, who tell people their medical choices are wrong because 'their' experts said so......sorry, you struck a nerve since i teach music. 

#35 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 05:04 AM

WildKingdom: lay off kathymuggle. This is a learning process for all of us, so let's all take it down a notch.

Everybody: I'm not an admin, but I'm pretty sure we're not going to ban the rest of the internet from MDC. In fact, our revised UA is much looser than it has been in the past with regard to linking and discussing content outside of MDC. I do not anticipate that changing with the redesign of the Vax forum. Our main interest is how we present and discuss issues HERE.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#36 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Why is there suddenly all this fear of MISinformation AND PROPAGANDA FUNDED BY THOSE WHO PROFIT FROM AND COVER UP THE HARM FROM VACCINES?

I corrected your post. smile.gif

The answer is, we are attempting to prevent more people from being seriously harmed from vaccines the way our children were harmed, since we allowed our children to be vaccinated before we learned that vaccines are more harmful and less effective than we'd been told.

Isn't that cute.

Those claims are not supported by scientific evidence.

I want to protect people, too, but I dot see the need to shield them from information I disagree with. Let them see all the information and decide for themselves.
#37 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 AM

Claims of vaccine injured children have been compensated in the court....http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/index.html

Quote:

Isn't that cute.
Those claims are not supported by scientific evidence.
I want to protect people, too, but I dot see the need to shield them from information I disagree with. Let them see all the information and decide for themselves.
#38 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 AM

I don't mean the claim that some children are injured. That's absolutely true. Vaccination is not risk free. It's more claims about the frequency of injury and that it's significantly more frequent than claimed by people like the CDC.
#39 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't mean the claim that some children are injured. That's absolutely true. Vaccination is not risk free. It's more claims about the frequency of injury and that it's significantly more frequent than claimed by people like the CDC.

But it IS significantly more frequent than claimed by the CDC.

Even the CDC recognizes that only a small fraction of severe reactions are recognized and reported to VAERS.

After our severe vaccine reactions, neither myself nor ANY of the many doctors who examined me and my children were contacted for follow-up information on our reactions.

Over the last decade, I have met countless people, mostly parents whose children suffered severe vaccine reactions similar to the ones in our family. Most weren't as lucky as me; their reactions weren't recognized as such until years later. Some of them are still being told by their doctors that their reactions were just a coincidence.

Since most of our children who had severe vaccine reactions (medically DOCUMENTED severe reactions!) also had autism diagnoses, you would think the genetic researchers would be swooping down on us, in haste to study this obvious link. "Hey, maybe that genetic link we've spent millions of dollars searching for might have something to do with genetic predisposition to vaccine reaction! Or maybe there's a medical reason why this subgroup is both having severe reactions to vaccines AND developing autism!"

"Oh, wait a minute. We're not supposed to research anything that could possibly make vaccines look bad. Let's look at proximity to highways, or age of fathers instead."

And since most of us aren't interested in the stress, time, and money necessary to go to court, we have not filed claims with "Vaccine Court." There are many ignorant people out there, in the medical community, in the government, even in the CDC (imagine that!) who believe that all severe reactions were appropriately reported and that those people filed a claim with "Vaccine Court."

Then there are others--usually pharma shills, but sometimes well-meaning people who have been bamboozled by pharma shills--who insist that parents of vaccine-injured children are just looking for something to blame, or worse, are looking to make a buck off of "Vaccine Court" for what surely must be (said with sarcasm) genetic disorders.

Only vaccine injury is not a genetic disorder, and we are not looking for something to blame.

We are looking to PREVENT similar injury, and we are looking for non-invasive ways to treat such injury to recover our children.

You would think that mainstream science would be anxious to study the children who HAVE recovered from vaccine injury, but no, mainstream science isn't even willing to look at the children who have been injured by vaccines.

Ask any of the thousands of victims who were actually compensated by "Vaccine Court." A gag order was instituted, and they were never, ever contacted by anyone from mainstream science who wanted to study their children or their records. But the government quietly pays for the medical conditions--which include autism, while insisting that vaccines are safe and effective.

Many of those families are now bravely coming forward with their stories, risking coverage of their children's medical conditions.

Oh, and ask MDC forum member Michael Belkin, whose infant daughter was killed by the (completely unnecessary) hep B shot she was given. Here is his testimony to the House Reform Committee: http://philosophers-stone.co.uk/wordpress/2012/10/michael-belkins-congressional-testimony-on-hepatitis-b-vaccine/
#40 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Taxi it's more significant according to you, not any actual research.

Vaers is not the only means we have for quantifying the rate of adverse events. We've been through this before, but you keep saying the same inaccurate stuff.
One_Girl and Emaye like this.
#41 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 10:45 AM

I shouldn't be posting.

One_Girl likes this.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#42 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 AM

This forum is not for vaccination debate, so some of these posts continue to violate the forum guidelines:
Quote:
This forum is not a place to argue against selective or delayed vaccination or debate vaccination in general. Such discussions are already hosted in the main Vaccinations forum and posts in that vein are most welcome and appropriate there. Our purpose for this forum is to provide information that is helpful for parents who have made the decision to vaccinate and are not seeking discussion against their decision but rather support and information to help them proceed in the best manner.

#43 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 12:05 PM

Thank you for the reminder
#44 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wow, I had no idea I was starting all this when I posted... my first post in the MDC vaccine forum and the thread won't die despite my best efforts. LOL.  

#45 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaye View Post

Wow, I had no idea I was starting all this when I posted... my first post in the MDC vaccine forum and the thread won't die despite my best efforts. LOL.  

I don't understand why you edited out your first post.  There was nothing at all wrong with and and you were perfectly within your "rights" to post in in this forum.

#46 of 49 Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

I don't understand why you edited out your first post.  There was nothing at all wrong with and and you were perfectly within your "rights" to post in in this forum.

You are right.  I guess I was put off by the virulence.  I expected to be able to post in the Select Delayed board without too many non-vax people interfering; I was pretty wrong about that.

#47 of 49 Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 AM

Sorry, Emaye... we are making changes to the vax forum to help with some of these issues. Don't give up yet! smile.gif

#48 of 49 Old 11-02-2012, 11:08 AM

I'm certainly giving up on this forum. I'm inches away from giving up the website.

applejuice likes this.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#49 of 49 Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post

I'm certainly giving up on this forum. I'm inches away from giving up the website.

Nooo. You cant give up on the website. Youre one of my favorites. 

kathymuggle likes this.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page