Partial Seizure?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Fairydust, it looks like your son was fine after his shots! You say he's okay now. It's perfectly normal to have some wonky poops for a day or two after rota, isn't it? My son's poops seemed a bit on the smelly side after his rota, but that may have been just me. And it sounds like he was a bit fussy for about 12 hours. I can't tell you whether he had a seizure or not over the internet, so if you're concerned about that he should be seen by a doctor.

Vaccines are generally safe and children don't have bad reactions to them--and it looks like your son didn't, either, since he seems fine. I encourage you to take a look at the next vaccines on your country's schedule and think about getting them, since it's so nice to have the immunity to all these viruses.

#32 of 40 Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bayareamom- The problem is, I can't find a doctor in our network. After spending almost $6K for our homebirth, I really need my insurance to step up and start paying. I did interview a ton of doctors and this was the only one willing to space them out. It was only after my son's partial seizure that I decided not to vax and can't find a doctor now.

MichelleZB: I did look into the vax prior to the birth and was ok with it until I found out there were cow tissues, aborted human lung tissues and all the other crap in them. Since finding out, I've decided that, if we can't "mix" blood types, how is it safe to inject other specie's tissues into BABIES with immature immune systems? And, yes, the weird poops I later found out were normal and due to live RV,

Also, my Ped wrote in the record at our next appointment that he had "seizure-like events" until... That was when Daddy pulled out his phone and showed her a recording of it. I guess I was too freaked out to notice he was recording it. She got wide-eyed, said nothing and crossed out something on his record without saying a word. So, I'm definitely positive now it WAS a partial seizure.

Thank you everyone. 

MissCee likes this.
#33 of 40 Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM

Good thing Dad recorded it!!
#34 of 40 Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydustpink89 View Post

MichelleZB: I did look into the vax prior to the birth and was ok with it until I found out there were cow tissues, aborted human lung tissues and all the other crap in them. Since finding out, I've decided that, if we can't "mix" blood types, how is it safe to inject other specie's tissues into BABIES with immature immune systems?

This discussion of why the "scary ingredients" are needed and nothing to worry about may help. http://skeptoid.com/mobile/4180

The full list is here: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

But don't forget to read the top where it says it includes things used to grow the virus used and only present in trace amounts in the actual vaccine.

Bovine albumin is used as a stabiliser in some vaccines (looks like most types of DTaP and IPV).

Cells lines initially grown from a culture taken from 2 aborted foetuses who died in the 1960s are used to grow rubella and varicella viruses for vaccines. Only trace amounts of the cells remain in the vaccines. Even the Catholic Church has agreed this is ok.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#35 of 40 Old 02-24-2013, 08:05 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to your LO . . it must have been terrifying :( Did you decide to switch doctors at all? 

Prosciencemom - are you aware that the vaccine package inserts for both varicella and rubella both state that there are aborted fetal DNA and protein in the vaccine? I think parents have a right to be worried about mixing an aborted baby's DNA into their own child. 

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

#36 of 40 Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 PM

Frankly, I don't care what the Catholic Church, or even the Pope, has to say on the subject of vaccines. If I, personally want to object to fetal cells, that's all that matters.
javilu likes this.
#37 of 40 Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fetal cells are used in growing the original virus. DNA is a fragile thing. Processing and creating the vaccine destroys most of the DNA and leaves the remainder so fragmented its inert.
#38 of 40 Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)

This is a complicated thread to have hosted in the Mindful Vaccine forum, which has a UA that reads: 

Quote:
Mindful Vaccination -  This is a support-only forum for those who are vaccinating selectively, on a delayed schedule or fully vaccinating on schedule. Members who aren't vaccinating should not post here to debate or argue accuracy or opinion of things posted. 

FDP, I understand that you are currently vaccinating and may well want support-only style input from parents who choose to vaccinate. This is the appropriate forum for that discussion. If you would like input from members who have chosen to not vaccinate you should post another thread in the I'm Not Vaccinating forum. 

I know there have been INV members posting here since the beginning on the thread. At this point members who are not vaccinating should stop posting on this thread. If FDP decides she would like input from the INV perspective she will start a thread in that forum.  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#39 of 40 Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 AM

In post #32, the OP states she has decided not to vax now. Should the thread be moved to Not Vaccinating?
#40 of 40 Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
It's fine here but th op can post in INV if she needs support for her choice to no longer vaccinate.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Tags
Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page