Help me write my religious exemption letter please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've from New Jersey and I enrolled my ds in preschool this year. I chose to go with a delayed vaccine schedule from my doctor's recommendations and I thought he was almost caught up (he's almost 3). Well they just did an audit of the vaccine records at my preschool and apparently we still need 4 vaccines. I don't want to give 4 at one time so now I have to file for a religious exemption (only thing allowed in our state).  Can you guys help me write a simple religious exemption letter.  I don't know what to say because they already have part of his vaccine record.  Thanks so much!

#2 of 3 Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

If you haven't already read this, here is the exemption information for NJ:

http://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/documents/religious_exemption.pdf

Quote:

“if the parent or guardian of the pupil objects thereto in a written 

statement signed by the parent or guardian upon the grounds that the proposed 

immunization interferes with the free exercise of the pupil’s religious rights.”  All 

schools, child care centers, and local health officers may be advised that the 

religious exemption extends to private, parochial, and public institutions.

[t]hose persons charged with implementing administrative rules at N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 4.4, should not question 

whether the parent’s professed religious statement or stated belief is reasonable, 

acceptable, sincere and bona fide.  In practice, if the written statement contains 

the word “religion” or “religious” or some reference thereto, then the statement 

should be accepted and the religious exemption of mandatory immunization(s) 

granted. 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 3 Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Thank you for the info.  I called the health dept and spoke with the nurse that did the audit for our preschool.  She told me all I needed to do was to write a letter stating that its against my religion and have it on file at the school.  However I'm having trouble wording my letter (especially since they have part of his vax record already).  Can you help me word my letter?

Tags
Delayed Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page