Vomiting after DTaP - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last night was dd's first immunization. It was DTaP. She was fine with it, however this afternoon, she vomited (I mean vomited) everywhere. I have never seen a baby puke so much. Do you know if this is a reaction to be concerned about.

At this time she is refusing to eat, it has been a couple hours, and is somewhat lethargic, although still smiles occasionally.

I am waiting for the doc to call me back greensad.gif

ETA: She is 6.5 mos

#2 of 3 Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I think it would be hard to tell if its a coincidence or not. Either way it should be reported to VAERS to get into the stats.

Hope your LO feels better soon. If she keeps vomiting its really important to keep pushing fluids. Don't listen to any advice to stop BFing - that's really the best for her.

My LO had a really nasty bout of vomiting diarrhoea at around 10 months and ended up needing IV fluids. That was scary.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#3 of 3 Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the response. Luckily it was only one go round of vomiting, she slept, and then was her usual hungry self.....but boy it was scary.

thanks for the advice!

Tags
Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page