Do I need to send the immunization in progress form AND philosophical exemption form? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is going to attend preschool after his 3rd birthday (Oct 30th) DBF and I would like for him to get his 2 boosters and then he will need another booster after that. He will likely get his 2 boosters on his 3rd year well checkup and then schedule another date for his last one. So, that means I will need to send the school an immunization in progress form. BUT I also don't want him getting one vaccine. He will technically be complete on vaccinations EXCEPT that one vaccine (varicella to be exact). So, that means I need to fill out a philosophical exemption form and send that to them too. Will that be acceptable? Would they not accept us if that was the case? This school is a public special education school for just preschoolers. We live in Missouri where philosophical exemptions are ONLY acceptable in daycares and preschool settings. After this preschool, we will be homeschooling him.

Also, please, no judgment. :rainbow

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#2 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Honestly, I think I would just submit the exemption so that you don't give them the opportunity to question why some vaccines are ok and others aren't. Why ask for trouble if you don't have to.
#3 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

They already know that we vaccinate. Pediatrician faxed them the vaccines that were already done. What should I do if they do question us?

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#4 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Could you just say that yes, you vaccinated in the past and that you don't plan on any more? Honestly I think saying that you are completely through with vaccinations and plan on no more will get you less hassle than trying to explain a delayed schedule.
#5 of 7 Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

The Missouri exemption form allows you to check the specific vaccines you don't want your child to get.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/adrules/csr/current/19csr/19c20-28.pdf

#6 of 7 Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

The Missouri exemption form allows you to check the specific vaccines you don't want your child to get.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/adrules/csr/current/19csr/19c20-28.pdf

That's what I saw. It's very simple form and doesn't require an explanation or anything. Just check off and sign. They shouldn't question me, right? I'm afraid of having to explain myself. I told my reasoning with the pediatrician and he was ok with it.

#7 of 7 Old 09-12-2013, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

We have a phil. exemption for the vaxes we have not done yet, but the vax record on the ones we have done.  I have found that most people do not actually care why/how we vax, they care more that their paperwork is complete.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)

Tags
Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page