What vaccines do you all believe are needed and which do yous avoid? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used to be 100% for vaccinations according to the US routine schedule. I have come across some pretty disturbing information however and with my 2 kids well visits coming up, I'm still on the fence and afraid of both not getting my kids vaccinated and getting it done. So out of curiosity, what do you all think is necessary, if any, and why? What should I avoid and why? I asked in a different post if anyone had any recommended links or resources or further reading to write an article about my findings thus far but I only got one response, albeit very helpful,and I would appreciate any suggestions. Also, how do you deal with doctors regarding selective vaccinations and/or not vaccinating? If its relevant, I live in PA, USA.

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-17-2013, 12:04 PM

We are doing all of them with the exception of flu, Rotavirus and Gardisil.  I also only allowed two shots per visit.  We did not do any vaccines right at birth.  I used to have a huge document with all of my research that I did by looking at reputed studies (mostly in Europe), but I lost it.  The bottom line for me was that although vaccinated children still could contract the disease, in my research the chance of death was greatly reduced.  Also, the amount of harmful chemicals in the vaccines was actually lower then what is found in some common foods, mattresses, furniture and beverages.  We try to stay away from all other sources of things like heavy metals.  I read several great books on the subject and browsed many articles on Google scholar.  This is a decision that is very personal.  All of my relatives have been vaccinated (myself included) and have not had any complications so I did not anticipate (and haven't had any) with my son.  I did not give any Tylenol with the vaccines because that has been shown to do more harm than good from my research.  Good luck with your decision!

phathui5 and jtapc90 like this.

V + E=baby G in 2012.  Rural Midwestern homesteaders going back to their roots.

“A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.” -Paulo Coelho 

#3 of 4 Old 10-17-2013, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

We're avoiding a fair number of them. Some are now unnecessary because of the age of my children. Others, like flu and HPV, are on our "no thanks" list. As for the rest, I have a post elsewhere in this forum that discusses the few we are getting.

jtapc90 likes this.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   nearly 10 years old; DS  6.5 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#4 of 4 Old 10-25-2013, 06:32 AM

Dear jtapc90,

There is really no objective answer for your question. We went through a lot of material before we arrived at a plan for us. We have collected all the material here: http://parentingexperiences.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/the-great-decision-helpful-links-in-making-your-choice-on-vaccinations/

Please read through all the links there carefully and should you plan to vaccinate, the smartvax website should be of help.

Also regarding doctors who help with selective vaccinations, Dr. Sears maintains a list of vaccine friendly doctors: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/vaccines/find-vaccine-friendly-doctor-near-you 

Usually, family physicians seem to be open about alternative vaccination schedule than mainstream peds.

Best wishes in making your decision.

jtapc90 likes this.

Tags
Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page