What age did you start vaxing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2013, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know everyone has a different mindset on this.. But I am looking for any and all input! Please! Ds1 had some mild sensory problems as a baby that were solved by age 2 (OT since 3 weeks old) and verbal delay until age 2.5. .. so I delayed his vaccines until age 4. He has received 2 dtap so far. We would have been further along but with the daptacel shortage we got delayed. Ds2 is 2 (almost 3) and has none. He has never had any sensory issues etc. I keep going back and forth with if I should start or wait until 4. I had a dr once who waited until 4 for her daughter because regressive autism didn't occur past this age and the nervous system was more mature. But I have no research To back this up. So I am wondering what anyone else has heard or does as far as age to start?
I was considering starting with polio for him since it has been popping up in other countries and mainly because it is "safer"

Also, has anyone ever done Titers for dtap?? 4 seems like so many shots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

We are still working on it! Kids are 18, 15, 8. Each have had different. No one is complete yet! 

Old 10-31-2013, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Mine will get their first starting in Feb. DD will be 9 and DS will be almost 6.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   nearly 10 years old; DS  6.5 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
We are just about to start our oldest DD's. She is 3.5yo. No strong evidence base for it I'm afraid. We're starting now because she starts kindy in the new year which will dramatically increase her contact with other people. And my general sense, from doing lots of reading, is that the brain is most susceptible in the very early years and, hopefully, is a bit more resilient now.

TBH though, I'm not 100% comfortable with any of the options - on schedule, delayed, selective, none - I just don't feel that there is enough good quality evidence for any of them.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Tags
Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination
User Tag List