Hi! I'm trying to defend my choice - years ago - to delay the Hep B shot for my kids (someone I know - a doctor, in fact - said some pretty insulting things about "anti-vaxxers"), but I can't seem to find any of the data I originally based my decision on.
Can anyone point me in the direction of stats on the risk of Hep B infection in children under four whose mothers aren't infected, and current info on the risks associated with the shot?
I've moved your thread here in the Selective & Delayed Vaccinations forum where you might get some helpful input. If you prefer it to be in the I'm Not Vaccinating forum please let me know and I can move it there. Good luck!
This information sheet from the Canadian immunization schedule gives me encouragement that waiting for the Hepatitis B shot is makes sense.
My thoughts are that my babies would not be taking the risky behaviors listed in the section "How can my child catch hepatitis B?" as infants or children. In Ontario Hepatitis B is given in Grade 7.
Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Mother to a wonderful little girl, born Sept/2011 via and enjoying
Currently (EDD: February 2014)