Still driving myself nuts trying to decide if I should do Hib or not. I have been pouring through all the old threads. I keep getting the overall impression that doing Hib without Prevnar would be silly, since we saw a rise in pneumococcal rates after the Hib vaccine was introduced.
Just wondering if anyone did one but not the other?? TIA
We did. HiB at 2 years (ActHib, requires only one dose at that age) and no Prevnar. I don't dig polysorbate 80 in it and has 0.125mg aluminum phosphate. I worry about the severe serotype replacement issues with Prevnar. After Prevnar 7, other strains emerged that took the original 7's place hence Prevnar 13 was developed. I'm curious to see what will happen in the next few years.
I'm contemplating Prevnar every now and then. If they only took poly80 out of it I'd go for it probably.
Yes and no. I haven't read too much about it in the past 4 years frankly. I felt HiB was worth it but Prevnar not... I'd have to look into it. The only time I worried was when we had the flu.
|Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination|