Considering delayed vax need informatiom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-30-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I have a 9 year old and a 13 year old. They have not been vaccinated at all, for anything.

My son has had chicken pox (13 year old) but the 9 year old has not.

I am considering selective and/or delayed vax and I am looking for opinions and input.

When I decided not to vaccinate 13 and 9 years ago I felt it was ridiculous to inject so much into a little new baby. I was unsure how I felt about such conflicting information on both sides of the argument and I chose with my gut after 30+ hours of research, (each time). It wasn't a decision I made lightly either time but I didn't that I had access to honest (unskewed/unbaised) information on either side.

And now it seems the paradigm has changed yet again? I am told that the autism link has been completely debunked? I wonder who paid for that study. I have heard the supposed harmful ingredient has been removed? What did they replace it with? How long before we know if that is ok?

So again I find myself lost in a sea of information I am having a really hard time making heads or tails of.

So I look to you my fellow mothers and fathers, who love your kids and want the best for them and are not swayed by huge pharmaceutical bottom lines and try to read between the dollar signs and find the truth.

What are you vaxing for and why?

What should I be reading or studying?

Where can I get information that isn't backed by profit mongering conglomerations or other groups with less than ethical and moral motivations?

I want to hear what you think and what you are doing and why you decided that. I need your help.

I find myself pregnant again as well and wonder if I vax these older two kiddos will it endanger the baby I am carrying? And should I delay vax with this new baby the same number of years I have with my older two?

Thank you for any and all of your help in advance.

-One confused mama

#2 of 4 Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Welcome. :)

We had a bit of discussion here:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1390254/what-vaccines-are-you-getting-for-your-children

There's a few of us in the same boat on this sub forum.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#3 of 4 Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh thank you...great thread.

I would also love information regarding risks from the vaccinations at my kids older ages? Does that exist somewhere?
#4 of 4 Old 12-31-2013, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Well, if you are going to do MMR, I think it is best to do it before adolescence.  

There seems to be an uptick in arthritis type vaccine reactions in pubescent females.  I would google it to make sure - I think it is on the package insert.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Tags
Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page