Reaction worth stopping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2014, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter
 
ARon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 15mo just had her 2nd dose of dtap. About 24 hours later the injection site had a red, raised welt about 1.5" in diameter. Another 24 hours later and it's smoothed down to more of a bruise, 2" in diameter. She had no reactions at all with the 1st dose. I know this is a pretty common reaction, would you continue vaccinating or should I stop so that she doesn't have any worse reactions with future doses?
ARon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 PM
 
japonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Canada-->Australia
Posts: 969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

That's obviously a personal call. From what I understand, the localised bump or swelling is often a reaction to the adjuvant and many people don't consider it a reason to stop. I haven't been down that road yet (doing our first vaccine with an adjuvant this November) so I couldn't say what I'd do. I suppose it would depend on how long the swelling lasted (days vs. weeks) and if there were any other worrying accompanying reactions (fever, neurological, whatever). Good luck with your decision. 


Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   nearly 10 years old; DS  6.5 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?
 
 
 
  
japonica is offline  
 

Tags
Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off