Delayed vaccine schedule & ped recommendations in Durham NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-22-2014, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're expecting our first in late April, and I'm looking for 2 things:

1)delayed & selective vaccine schedules (suggestions, things to avoid, things to know, etc.), and

2)pediatrician recommendations in/around Durham, NC

thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

If you don't have hepatitis B, and you would know if you did, because every pregnant woman is tested, then you can delay the hepatitis B vaccine for your baby as long as you want. Other than from an infected mother to child during birth, it is primarily spread through illegal intravenous drug use and unprotected sex with infected partners.

The DTaP Vaccine, or any combination vaccine containing diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis, is less likely to cause asthma if the first dose is given at 4 months or later, rather than the usual 2 months old.

If you avoid the rotavirus vaccine until your baby is 6 months old, it will be too late to start the vaccine series. The doses are given in minimum 4 week intervals, and the last one cannot be given past 32 weeks. Because of this restriction, the rotavirus vaccine is not required for school in any state.

Avoid Tylenol before one year old, as it can increase the risk of asthma. Also, if you give Tylenol before or right after vaccination, it reduces the effectiveness of vaccines. It also increases the risk of vaccine adverse reactions. Tylenol reduces glutathione in the body, and glutathione helps the body to to detoxify after vaccination.

For doctor recommendations, you can ask in this forum. http://www.mothering.com/community/f/78/north-and-south-carolina-and-tennessee 

#3 of 4 Old 03-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We see Dr. Vines in Hillsborough, and they have been nothing but supportive with our selective vaxing.

Me + DH  partners.gif And E baby.gif makes three! 3.2.13 stillheart.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-28-2014, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I used to live in Cary, NC and we used Triangle Pediatrics... specifically Dr. Salter. She was recommended to us by someone I know. My kids were patients of hers back in 2009/2010... until we moved out-of-state. She was great and totally respected my choices and was cool with whatever we wanted to do. I know that Cary is a bit of a drive from Durham, but Dr. Salter was great. Definitely worth a look especially if you are having trouble finding someone closer to home. I have no idea about any of the other doctors in the practice, however.

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg

Tags
Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page