how do you handle this... child needs surgery not 100% vaccinated
My 4-year-old DS has swollen adenoids (pediatrician confirmed). It became noticeable after he was sick last November. The poor guy had a horrible time over the winter. We tried everything for relief and nothing worked. At his WCV a few months ago, his MD suggested we try a trial of Flonase first before being referred to an ENT. The Flonase helped dramatically almost right after we started it. That was a little over a month ago. We were told to try it for a month, which ended last week. He was doing so well, but he just got a cold yesterday. So, I guess that is going to set us back a bit. After the cold runs its course, I am going to reevaluate everything, see how his adenoids were affected, and go from there. If his adenoids are terrible, I am a little worried that he may end up being referred to an ENT and that surgery will be recommended. I am not worried about him having the surgery. I had both my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was a kid. I had recurrent strep throat, tonsillitis, and sinus infections. What I am worried about is the potential for the surgeon to question me about his vaccine history and us not seeing eye-to-eye on the subject. I don't know if they'll do that or not, but I suppose I should be prepared for it. My main concern would be the surgeon refusing to do the surgery if my son doesn't have certain vaccines and us getting into a debate over it. He has most of his vaccines, but we don't do everything and delay. He hasn't had a vaccine since he was 2. Anyone have experience with this? How did you handle it?