How to Delay Vaccinating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-09-2014, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How to Delay Vaccinating?

Hello everyone, I am new here, and I would like to delay vaccinations.

Will someone like a pediatrician contact me and tell me to come in for vaccinations if I don't come in for them?

How have you dealt with this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
You have to have an idea ahead of time when you want to do them or just tell the pediatrician when you go that you are simply not ready to vax at that time. Some will be pushier than others, I had one call me and wig out because I had to change an appt and DD wouldn't be seeing her "on schedule" (we had stopped vaxxing at that point due to reactions and she was aware of that fact but still pushed the issue of us complying with her visitation schedule). Plenty of people on here have scheduled and then cancelled vax appts repeatedly because they just weren't ready. Unless your ped is ok with delaying and has a schedule they follow for patients who wish to do so, you will either have to say no until you are ready, or discuss with the ped which diseases concern you most, or do your research and come up with a plan on your own for what works best for you.
#3 of 3 Old 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wait if you can!

I found a pediatrician who was at least open to allowing me to wait to vaccinate my LO. I waited until she was over a year old and then only did one a year for two years. I recently got the rest of her vaccines so she could go to preschool but still only did one at a time and waited a month or two in between. She is one of the healthiest kids you would ever meet. She never even got sick until she was almost a year old! My original pediatrician was very pushy about vaccines which is why I switched. Luckily I found a woman who was willing to work with us. Originally I was opposed to doing any vaccines, but am now glad I at least waited. It only makes sense to me. Newborn babies receive immunity from their mothers and do not need to be exposed to vaccines, it is entirely unnecessary.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page