Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's ours....

06m: Hib, IPV
08m: Hib, IPV, DTaP
10m: Hib, IPV, DTaP
12m: DTaP
15m: Hib
18m: DTaP
24m: MMR (given Measles first, 6m later given Mumps, 6m later given Ruebella)

2.5 years: Prevnar (aka Pneumococcal, given in one dose)
4 years: IPV Booster
5 years: DTaP Booster
6 years: MMR Booster (going to test immunity first and only give vaccine if needed)

HepB will be given at some point before he gets into school, but I need to see if what boosters he gets first. Then we'll figure out where to place it.
#64 of 191 Old 11-10-2006, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer23 View Post
Here's ours....

06m: Hib, IPV
08m: Hib, IPV, DTaP
10m: Hib, IPV, DTaP
12m: DTaP
15m: Hib
24m: MMR (given Measles first, 6m later given Mumps, 6m later given Ruebella)

2.5 years: Prevnar (aka Pneumococcal, given in one dose)
4 years: IPV Booster
5 years: DTaP Booster
6 years: MMR Booster (going to test immunity first and only give vaccine if needed)

HepB will be given at some point before he gets into school, but I need to see if what boosters he gets first. Then we'll figure out where to place it.

If you waited two months to do the third dose of Hib at 12 months of age, you can avoid the fourth dose.
#65 of 191 Old 11-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Dar

I merged the two threads on this topic and stickied them, for easier reference.

Dar

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

#66 of 191 Old 11-11-2006, 01:33 AM

Thanks Dar!
#67 of 191 Old 11-17-2006, 04:28 PM

Hey ladies - I wanted to crash the party. I've learned a LOT from reading this thread, and I am so grateful for y'all's knowledge that you've shared. I am also trying to figure out a schedule I am comfortable with for our baby on the way.

With DD, I delayed a some vaccines a few months (mostly b/c I wasn't willing to vacc when she was less than 100% - and went for most of the shots b/c after her birth I lost all ability to research the issue and figure out my own path). We were going to delay some more, but decided to "catch up" before moving to China, where we weren't sure what our access to trustworthy meds would be. However, we declined the Varicella totally and will continue to do so until she reaches adolescence.

My circumstances: We live in Shanghai now. Although my understanding is that I will be able to get imported vaccs, I want his/her first doses to be in the US, so the first round won't be until 4 months. We'll be back in the US when s/he's 9 months. THe "heavy" loads I'm planning at those times reflect that, although hopefully we can do them a bit spread out. Also, we live in a place where HepB is prevalent, where cleanliness standards are NOT up to US/Euro standards, and where it is more common to eat out and have ayis (maids) prepare food/clean - so I feel HepB is important for the baby to get b/c I really can't control who/what s/he would come into contact with. (It's late, I'm incoherent - but HepB is here, and we have lots of friends with ayis who may or may not be tested for Hep who will undoubtedly be touching my baby, not to mention you can't stop strangers on the street from touching your kids even feeding them . However, I would like to avoid doing the HepB at birth - delaying it until 4 months also. I figure up til then, it'll be a lil boobling.

I would appreciate feedback on this schedule - I'm no expert but am trying to find a path here.

4m: HiB, HepB, DTap
6-7m: HepB, DTaP
9m: HiB, HepB, DTap
12m: HiB
24m: MMR, HepA (ONLY if we are still in China, and after further research)
3 or 4: HepA

We'll figure out "boosters" later - depending on titres also.
Declining: Variacella
Unsure about: IPV (in the US, a no-brainer for me, but in Asia I'm torn - I know there are pockets of polio but that's all I know), and Prevnar/PCV.

Any thoughts/advice? Thoughts on prevnar or IPV? Is this the minimum # I can do for each of the ones I'm selecting? I'm a bit unclear on whether I'll need to do 3 or 4 doses of the HepB
#68 of 191 Old 12-16-2006, 04:22 PM

6m - hib, dt
7m - ipv, Pneumococcal
8m - hib, dt
9m - ipv, Pneumococcal
10m - hib, dt
11m - ipv, Pneumococcal
12m - dt
13m - Pneumococcal

I am trying to figure out the mmr. I think I read somewhere that he only needs one shot of mmr, if that is the case then....

14m - measles
15m - mumps
16m - rubella

Part of me wants to just find a way to give him measles, but I need to look in to that ykwim?

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

#69 of 191 Old 12-18-2006, 02:05 AM

This is my first post here! I've been learning a lot by reading this forum (thanks, mamas!) and books, written by such as Stephanie Cave and Aviva Romm.
My son is born in the US and now 4 and 1/2 month old. We moved and now live in Nova Scotia, Canada. He has been soley breastfed so far and hasn't gotten any vaxes yet. As far as I know, there are no requirements of vaxes for school entry here, but we don't know whether we will stay here for the rest of our life.
Anyhow, here is what I came up with based on my research so far:

6 moDTaP
9moPrevnar?
12moHib?
15 moPrevnar?
18 moDTaP
2yr IPV
3yr IPV
3.5 yrDTaP
4 yr IPV
4.5 yrDTaP
12-13 yrM (measles)— R — M (6 mo apart) (request titers first)
12- 13 yr Varicella (request titers first)
12- 13 yr Hep B (3 doses: first two 6 mo apart, 3rd given 12 mo after second)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
#70 of 191 Old 01-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Nice to find a place to share and compare this stuff.

Our official list is at home, but I think I can remember everything pretty well. This is our schedule, plus or minus a few months. Our ped reviewed it with us and made some recommendations, and said she thought it was pretty good.

4m - DTaP (major whooping cough outbreak in our city this year...every single school is hit)
6m - DTaP
7.5m - Hib
9m - DTaP
12m - Hib
15m - IPV
18m - Measles
21m - Hib
24m - Mumps
30m - IPV
36m - Rubella
48m - DTaP (but DD had rxn to #1 and #3...we might not do this one again)
60m - IPV

We'll review our options and risks for CP and HepB at 5 and 10 years old. I'm hoping she gets CP before then.

We will never do Prevnar. Risks are too high and benefits too low for my preferences.

I feel like I'm forgetting something here...

Christine, mama to Ava (7.05), Alder (5.07), Sadie (2.09) and #4 due mid-July 2011! 
#71 of 191 Old 01-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness mama View Post
This is my first post here! I've been learning a lot by reading this forum (thanks, mamas!) and books, written by such as Stephanie Cave and Aviva Romm.
My son is born in the US and now 4 and 1/2 month old. We moved and now live in Nova Scotia, Canada. He has been soley breastfed so far and hasn't gotten any vaxes yet. As far as I know, there are no requirements of vaxes for school entry here, but we don't know whether we will stay here for the rest of our life.
Anyhow, here is what I came up with based on my research so far:

6 moDTaP
9moPrevnar?
12moHib?
15 moPrevnar?
18 moDTaP
2yr IPV
3yr IPV
3.5 yrDTaP
4 yr IPV
4.5 yrDTaP
12-13 yrM (measles)— R — M (6 mo apart) (request titers first)
12- 13 yr Varicella (request titers first)
12- 13 yr Hep B (3 doses: first two 6 mo apart, 3rd given 12 mo after second)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Just an FYI,
The peak attack rate for invasive Hib is around 6 or 7 months, and goes down after that, so there might not be much point in doing that one at one year, as the risk has pretty much passed by then. Also, invasive Hib is rare, period...but even more freakishly rare in breastfed babies not in daycare.

You might want to look into the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of the DTaP.
And also the Mumps portion of the MMR doesn't seem to be working any more...and Mumps is a really, really mild illness at any age, so you might want to rethink that one, too.
#72 of 191 Old 01-04-2007, 01:34 AM

Hi, I am new to this forum. My dd is 4.3 yrs and has had 2 IPV vac. 6mos. apart starting at 3 yrs. We are able to attend school with a state form filled by her ped (a MD and homeopath phyisician) who has administered her vacs as oral homeopathics. That was good enough for him and me. I have been going to another ped for the regular vacs (IPV only so far). I always thought that we'd do regular vacs but on our own time schedule but I am getting confused about what to do and when. I am also afraid of getting busted somehow. What are some recommended resources for selective vax scheduling and does anybody here have any constructive comments? DD is happy and healthy and headed for the big time at Kindergarten next fall.
#73 of 191 Old 01-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsamuffin View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum. My dd is 4.3 yrs and has had 2 IPV vac. 6mos. apart starting at 3 yrs. We are able to attend school with a state form filled by her ped (a MD and homeopath phyisician) who has administered her vacs as oral homeopathics. That was good enough for him and me. I have been going to another ped for the regular vacs (IPV only so far). I always thought that we'd do regular vacs but on our own time schedule but I am getting confused about what to do and when. I am also afraid of getting busted somehow. What are some recommended resources for selective vax scheduling and does anybody here have any constructive comments? DD is happy and healthy and headed for the big time at Kindergarten next fall.
Hi! Glad you found this site, I'm sure you'll find tons of information! I am still in the learning process myself so I don't have a lot of info...but the one book that is frequently recommended as a starting place is Stephanie Cave's book. Not sure what the more knowledgeable members think about that one.

I have never heard of vaccines being given as oral homeopathics- can anyone tell me more about this?
#74 of 191 Old 01-05-2007, 11:35 PM

What very little I have read about homeopathy shows that there are "nosodes" or small homeopathic amounts of the diseases given to treat the disease once you've been exposed. Some of the books I've read (anti vax books, I might add) have advised against trusting anyone that claims there are homeopathic "vaccines"...they're just not the same. In theory I definitely agree with that...homeopathy is based on like cures like...and most of the time it's used short term.

I found this on a quick google search. This page is written by a DO who works with alternative medicine and seems semi balanced to both points of view, but this was of particular interest.
http://www.dr-dom.com/childrens_immun.html
"Lastly, there is much misinformation about " homeopathic vaccines", namely giving a homeopathic potency of the disease causing pathogen instead of a conventional vaccine. There is no such thing as a homeopathic vaccine. Homeopathic remedies are too dilute to stimulate an immune response and confer immunity. In other words, after administration of a homeopathic dose of the poliovirus, you wouldn’t be able to measure antibodies to the poliovirus in the patient’s blood. However, homeopathic remedies made from conventional vaccines may be useful in treating side effects of that vaccine. There are practitioners out there who claim to be homeopaths who are willing to give these preparations and sign your child’s immunization record form. My advice is to avoid such practitioners. There is no basis, historically or scientifically, for such a practice."

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#75 of 191 Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 PM

and here's a site promoting homeopathic vaccines. if it's something you're interested in it seems there's a lot of research to be done before reaching any conclusion.
http://www.thinktwice.com/nosodes.htm

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#76 of 191 Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 AM

Well, with my son who is now 22 months old, I went in like most main stream people do - he got HepB at birth, and we followed the schedule thru 4 months.

I have not gotten a flu shot for him, ever, and will not. And, yes, I DO know they recommend it for asthmatic kids, which he is. (I fight with the nurse at the peds office everytime about this - all freaking winter!! The ped is fine, the nurse, not so much.)

He also got the Varicella vex because I was informed they have a booster now and my original concern was that it would wear off and he'd be 20 geeting CP... I really wish I hadn't have done this vax - it's equally as silly as the flu shot, IMO.

We have gotten the others on schedule, for the most part. I delayed the MMR until he was 18 months, just because I had read about issues linking that vax to sensory issues, which he already has.

Here's what I need to know - My son was allergic to dairy (outgrew it a few months ago.) He had a reaction (extreme swelling in his leg, hot and red for a week afterward.) I cannot remember if it was Prevnar or HiB, but whatever it was, I don't want him having it again. I think I have it written down what it was. I don't even know what those cover... any ideas?

I do have a plan for future children, though - I hope my DS doesn't hate me for not being better educated with him. My plan for them is NO HepB, no MMR, no HiB or Prevnar (since I have no clue what they're for - anyone?) Also, no more Varicella and never a flu shot. We won't ever do Rotateq either.

I'm really looking for a schedule that would never give a baby more than 2 shots at a time, I don't like the combo vaxes, and I am not particularly "scared" of any diseases... We live in the midwest, well, Ohio, really. Any ideas?
#77 of 191 Old 03-08-2007, 11:29 AM

I'm so glad to have found this thread b/c I've really been freaking out here. DD turns two next week and I plan to start her vax's at her 2 yr. appointment. I just for the life of me can't figure out which ones to do. I know that I want her to be vaxed for life-threatening illnesses but would rather avoid the ones that are just for convenience sake. I will of course talk to her pediatrician but just wanted to find out if others have done the same. Thanks guys
#78 of 191 Old 03-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Do you have the "required" vax schedule for your state/school system?

I would get that first, and then make sure you have researched the pros and cons of each vax BEFORE your ped visit. In other words, I wouldn't really look to your ped to give advice on what to start with or how to do a delayed/selective vax schedule, unless your ped is friendly to this concept.

Also, kids need fewer shots when they start them when they're older than if they start as an infant. Also, look at splitting up the shots vs. doing a combined shot... as in splitting out the MMR so you can wait on Measles until the last possible moment... or doing Pediarix to reduce the # of injections you need vs. splitting out DTaP too.
#79 of 191 Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM

So I'm having a problem... I'm trying to figure out my vax sched beacuse ds is almost 2 months now but I'm having an issue I was hoping you ladys could help me out with. I hate that you can't get the P in the DTaP sepretly beacuse that is the one I am most concerned with but I really think tetnus is silly until ds is closer to a year... please let me know what you think, i'm kinda agonizing over this.

So here is what I'm thinking.....

DtaP 2mo 4 mo 6 mo 18mo
PCV 3mo 5mo 7mo 13mo
polio 4mo 6mo 9mo 18mo
hib 5mo 7mo 9mo
measles 20mo 24mo 4yr
rubella 12mo 15mo 4yr
mumps 6yr 6 1/2yr 10yr

or possibley switching around DTaP, PCV, and Polio to

PCV 2mo 4mo 6mo 18mo
polio 5mo 7mo 12mo
DtaP 4mo 6mo 8mo and 15mo

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#80 of 191 Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 AM

If you are delaying vaxes, why would you start at 2 months? For me, the point of delaying is to push vaxing out as long as possible, which does not include vaxing a tiny infant. If you plan to send her to school full caught up, you have a long time to begin vaxing. And I would check whether prevnar or HiB are required for entry in your state first.
#81 of 191 Old 04-15-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
If you are delaying vaxes, why would you start at 2 months? For me, the point of delaying is to push vaxing out as long as possible, which does not include vaxing a tiny infant. If you plan to send her to school full caught up, you have a long time to begin vaxing. And I would check whether prevnar or HiB are required for entry in your state first.
Well PVC and whooping couch are the two that most concern me while he's little

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#82 of 191 Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxravnos View Post
So I'm having a problem... I'm trying to figure out my vax sched beacuse ds is almost 2 months now but I'm having an issue I was hoping you ladys could help me out with. I hate that you can't get the P in the DTaP sepretly beacuse that is the one I am most concerned with but I really think tetnus is silly until ds is closer to a year... please let me know what you think, i'm kinda agonizing over this.

So here is what I'm thinking.....

DtaP 2mo 4 mo 6 mo 18mo
PCV 3mo 5mo 7mo 13mo
polio 4mo 6mo 9mo 18mo
hib 5mo 7mo 9mo
measles 20mo 24mo 4yr
rubella 12mo 15mo 4yr
mumps 6yr 6 1/2yr 10yr

or possibley switching around DTaP, PCV, and Polio to

PCV 2mo 4mo 6mo 18mo
polio 5mo 7mo 12mo
DtaP 4mo 6mo 8mo and 15mo
I am no expert, but one shot every month starting at 2 mo. and some of those being multiple vaccines in one shot is too much IMO. If you want to delay, as the pp said, it makes more sense to really delay until her immune system and the blood-brain barrier has had time to develop. If she is breastfed then you should take a look at the Hib research links posted in this forum (check the archives)- you could consider skipping that one or only do 1 shot after she is a year old. Prevnar works in a similar way- if you delay it then fewer shots are needed.
#83 of 191 Old 04-16-2007, 04:34 PM

Yeah absolutely. I mean, starting vaxes at 2 months old and doing 6 vaxes pretty much every month is not really doing anything remarkably different or protective.

The bottom line? You're starting way too early, doing way too many at a time, and are spacing the shots/visits way too close together (not enough spacing between them). (Yes I like saying "way" a lot. )
#84 of 191 Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM

I'm new here and I'm seeing so much diversity in the vax plans! I've used the vax inserts my doc gave me as a basis for the plan I used for my now 2 1/2 year old son. I do plan on changing it up a bit for my soon-to-be 1 year old.

I noticed that if you wait until the child is at least a year old (sometimes 14 months) before administering some vaccines, you can avoid some unnecessary shots.

As for my family, my sons are not at a great risk for getting any of these diseases because I am a stay-at-home mom...so I did not feel the least bit concerned while they were not vaccinated. The chickenpox vaccine worries me more than my sons actually getting chickenpox. The Hep B shot is a joke...right? Are they seriously innoculating the general public as infants from a disease that is basically isolated to IV drug users and sexually active adults! My children are at such a small risk from getting this disease that it would be stupid of me to allow a doctor to inject a vaccine into him that would give them such a larger risk to have other medical problems. I'm aggravated that I even have to get a waiver for these two vaccines...It's ridiculous!

Here's my oldest son's schedule:

DTaP: 10 months, 12 months, 15 months, and 2 years
Hib: 12 months, 15 months
IPV: 12 months, 15 months, 18 months
MMR: 13 months
PCV: 13 months, 15 months, 18 months
Hep B: none
Varicella: none

The # of shots per visit were:

10 months: 1 shot
12 months: 3 shots
(the leg that recieved 2 shots swelled up really bad - not sure which shot was the culprit)
13 months: 2 shots
15 months: 4 shots
(I will probably avoid this many at one time in the future)
18 months: 2 shots
2 years: 1 shot

I do plan on giving him the future doses of the MMR and DTaP, but that may change as my knowledge of these vaccines change.

I am very wary of vaccines...I don't like them, but measles, mumps, chickenpox, etc. - they are all being wiped out my widespread vaccines and my children will not get the opportunity for full immunity by catching them at some point in their young lives...so I've chosen to follow the crowd - but I'm holding out for chickenpox...the vaccine has just not been around long enough to know what it does to the older populations.

There's just not enough accessible information out there about these vaccines...and the information provided by the gov't is so one-sided...and the anti-vaccine books are also extremely one-sided. I'm just looking to weigh the risks for my individual children...I don't necessarily care about the general population...I don't treat my children like statistics.
#85 of 191 Old 05-07-2007, 06:03 PM

My new schedule for my second child will be this:

DTaP: 12 months, 14 months, 16 months, and 2 years
Hib: 18 months (I just found out he only needs one if he's older than 15 months)
IPV: 14 months, 16 months, 18 months
MMR: 20 months
PCV: 2 years (only needs one if older than 24 months)
Hep B: none
Varicella: none

The # of shots per visit will be:

12 months: 1 shot - DTaP
14 months: 2 shots – DtaP, IPV
16 months: 2 shots - DTaP, IPV
18 months: 2 shots – IPV, Hib
20 months: 1 shot – MMR
2 years: 2 shots - DTaP, PCV
(I just found out my older son was given an extra and unnecessary dose of PCV...so I'm waiting till my youngest is 2 when he only needs one dose, he also recieved an extra dose of Hib because I did not wait till he was 15 months old...so I've learned my lesson on these two)
#86 of 191 Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 PM

I have been researching vaxes on my own and reading up on all of your posts. So, so helpful! I am very grateful to have found this thread.

However, in some ways I feel more confused than ever. My son is now 4 months old, no vaxes so far. I live in NYC and know there are particular requirements for school entry (and I am not prepared to not vax..but I do want to delay to make it as safe as possible for him). Found a local ped that is willing to work on whatever schedule I create , and I need to have this plan laid out for the next appt., because I think we'll start some vaxes at 6 months.

Kate33FL, I agree with your comments on HepB, but how do you get specific waivers for specific vaxes? Anyone know if that is possible in NY?

I would like to follow a similar schedule to yours posted above, but am unclear on the following. A) 1 shot of Hib is enough? No boosters needed if done at 18 months? B.) No MMR booster is required? I believe in New York City at least a measles booster is required for school entry. Also, they say at least 1 vaccine must be administered for school entry "within the previous 2 months" for DtaP, IPV, MMR, Hib, HepB, Varicella, PCV.....sooo HOW can I POSSIBLY spread out the vaxes AND meet these requirements without having to do boosters before age 2?:

Sooo confused! I appreciate any advise, and humbly applaud all of you knowledgable moms out there.
#87 of 191 Old 05-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to add that my ped. told me that if I have waited this long (ds is 17 months old), that PCV is really not necessary. I may still do ONE Hib since that is all that is required. But I think you can skip the PCV if you are waiting until age 2, based on what my doctor said. I trust her because even though she is very pro-vax, she listens to me and is honest about what she thinks, based on what she has learned.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#88 of 191 Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM

Thankyou, mom0810...I'm going to ask my dr. (he is also working with me on this) and do some more research before I decide to x it. But that would be great if I could knock one more off the list.

kerpav, if you read my other posts you will see my experience at the Health Department yesterday. Because getting a religious waiver was so easy...I'm more inspired to not follow the recommended vaxes at all and just do what I want...it's a wonderful liberation! I hope NY is as easy for you as FL was for me, but I'm not familiar with their system.

Oh yeah, btw, there are some booster shots at 4 or 5 or something...but I think I'm going to do titers (and then make a decision) thanks to these smart mommies on here!

The list for my second child was made based on the packaging insert recommendations and my state requirements....the one shot for Hib was a state thing, I think.
#89 of 191 Old 05-30-2007, 03:00 AM

DS#1 is now 27 months and this is what he has had so far, w/ no plans to continue vaxing:
10mos - Dtap
12mos - IPV, Hib
14mos - Dtap
17mos - IPV, Hib
24mos - IPV, Hib (spaced longer because lived overseas for several months)

Originally, I vaxed thinking tetanus immunity boosting would be good and I kept hearing about pertussis outbreaks in s. Illinois, but I am no longer comfortable giving him vax since he has allergies and food sensitivities. In fact, I think it was simply peer pressure to give him any in the first place. I do not plan on vaxing his brother. We don't know in which state we'll be living once school begins, but we plan to use the exemptions available for that state. Where there's a will, there's a way!
#90 of 191 Old 06-17-2007, 06:59 PM

DPT - 2 to 3 months of age - 1 dose, 4 to 5 months of age - 2 doses, 6 months to 14 months of age - 3 doses, 15 months to 4 years of age - 4 doses
Polio - 2 to 3 months of age - 1 dose, 4 to 14 months of age - 2 doses, 15 months of age to 4 years - 3 doses
MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) - 12 months to 4 years of age - 1 dose, 4 years old and older - 2 doses
Hepatitis B - 4 months through 14 months of age - 2 doses, 15 months of age and older - 3 doses
Varicella (Chickenpox) - 12 months or older - 1 dose OR current lab immunity OR reliable history of disease
H. influenzae type b (HIB) - 2 to 3 months - 1 dose, 4 months through 14 months of age - 2 doses, 15 months of age through 4 years completed series OR 1 dose after age 15 months

Well, I just looked this up for michigan and I was wondering what do you guys think my options are? I dont see from these requirements what I could choose not to do. BTW, these are the requirements to get into preschool.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page