Those who DO vax... help - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2006, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS had all his 2 month shots. (I gave in to DH and the doc) He hasn't had any since. I've wanted to research it more.

I've decided that I'm going to call the Ped tomorrow to get him in for his second does of Hib & IPV. Then at 7 months, his second dose of DTaP, then at 9 months give the third doses of Hib & DTaP. I'm combining those two just so that he's not getting a shot a month for 4 months. Poor baby. Then I think we're done. Well, he'll get the Flu shot this year. We live on a college campus. Which is actually the reason I'm vaxing in the first place. Massive amount of teens, massive amount of all sorts of stuff. Blech.

(I haven't read the other responses, so... not sure if this is useless now, lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The above is actually very similar to the schedule our family doctor recommends. He starts at 3 months with Hib and IPV, then integrates DTaP along the way. In his handout, he says "you can do the others at school time, if you wish."

He's a rare doctor, I know! They are out there, though.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

Old 10-07-2006, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora'sMama View Post
Do you have a cite for this?
I still can't find the reference I already mentioned, which I know is online, but one of the studies that isn't available online without a subscription is this one:

Baer M, Vuento R, Vesikari T. Increase in bacteraemic pneumococcal infections in children. Lancet 1995;345:661.

The CDC also admits that there has been an increase in invasive disease caused by "other bacteria" since the introduction of Hib vaccine, but that there is no evidence of a causal link. Very convenient. They will never admit that there's a causal link between vaccination and ANY unintended side effects, so it's hardly compelling when they make those statements.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post
I still can't find the reference I already mentioned, which I know is online, but one of the studies that isn't available online without a subscription is this one:

Baer M, Vuento R, Vesikari T. Increase in bacteraemic pneumococcal infections in children. Lancet 1995;345:661.

The CDC also admits that there has been an increase in invasive disease caused by "other bacteria" since the introduction of Hib vaccine, but that there is no evidence of a causal link. Very convenient. They will never admit that there's a causal link between vaccination and ANY unintended side effects, so it's hardly compelling when they make those statements.
There's more recent research that has established a causal link with Hib vaxing and the increase in non-vax strain invasive Hib diseases.
Of course we're about to get a new vax for those, too...so that's convenient.

They're also working on a staph vax, so I guess well be hearing a lot more about how vaxing for s.pneumo causes staph to go buck wild soon, too.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/...ph.vaccine.ap/

:
I wonder what the next one will be?

User Tag List