Books - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-09-2006, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone give me a list of books to read on selective and delayed vaccinations???

TIA
Jennifer
#2 of 8 Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM

I borrowed one called Just a little Prick. It is by Hilary Butler and I think itis very good!
#3 of 8 Old 10-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What Your Doctor Might Not Tell You About Vaccinations, by Dr. Stephanie Cave.

Vaccines, by Dr. Randall Neustadter.

These two were most helpful in my research and played a part in my decision to delay.

Dr. Jay Gordon also has a great website, and he has an awesome DVD you can order on vaccines. Helped me educate my hubby a LOT. He watched it twice.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#4 of 8 Old 10-11-2006, 11:41 AM

The Vaccine Guide by Dr. Randall Neustadter
#5 of 8 Old 10-12-2006, 09:08 PM

Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parents' Guide by Aviva Jill Romm. The first thing I've read that really attempted to be unbiased.

Of the other books mentioned here the only one I have read is the Neustadter book. He had some good information, but I didn't like how he often didn't put it in context (in what seemed to me an anti-vax slant). For example, when he talked about aluminum he spent many pages on how dangerous it is, but didn't discuss how the amounts in the studies he referenced compared to what is injected.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#6 of 8 Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 PM

I just went to Jay Gordon's web site. That was very, very helpful! Thank you mom0810!

It is so refreshing to read what seems like a balanced view on this subject. It is shocking how rare that is.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#7 of 8 Old 10-15-2006, 09:00 PM

I second the Romm recommendation. She really does a good job of showing the reality and emotion surrounding the decisons on both sides, and doesn't seem to reflect any judgment or advice on whatever decision you decide to make. And the information is top notch. I really didn't like the Cave book, it seemed sort of scattered and while it's nice that she shares her preferred vax schedule, I don't feel like she really explains or justifies it in any way. Plus, one of her rec's is to just wait as long as possible on hep b and only get it when your kid needs to get into school...I really don't want advice based on the states stupid laws, KWIM? I want there to be medical reasons for her recommendations.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#8 of 8 Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 AM

Evidence of Harm.

Just a Little Prick.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page