Please Don't Flame Me, but Vax Question - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 31 Old 03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I have a few more observations.

Originally Posted by sugarlumpkin View Post
I've NEVER read one about a vaccination reaction.
I'm curious, why the emphasis? Because you believe that reactions are few and far between, based on the "many posts" you've read on other forums? You claim you've not seen any here either - yet the vax forum is full of threads about reactions.

He had a (mild) reaction to one, which left my calm, sweet baby screaming for mercy (his little leg was a bit swollen and red at the vaccination site).
This statement is such a contradiction, IMO. You temper "screaming for mercy" with "a (mild) reaction" and "a bit red and swollen". Like you are trying to convince yourself, even though the reaction was obviously not all that mild to your baby.

I'm sure you'll disagree, but I think you are personally conflicted here. This is exactly why I wish you would research further before just dismissing us all as unfeeling flamers

Will I just be told by all of you that this is what I get for giving him a vaccination?
who only want to force our POV on you

our child will be vaccinated, so please stop telling me to stop.
Or are there others out there who can talk to me about this event in a compassionate way, with understanding?
So, by "others" you mean only selective/delayed vaxers?
Now I'm confused, too. Did you come here looking only for validation and a pat on the back? I noticed that you were online when the several of the recent replies came up, and that you seem to be deliberately choosing not to address them.

It might help if you were a little more clear about your intentions, and what information you are looking for.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Sponsored Links

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page