My baby has not had ANY vaccinations, QUESTIONS??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-16-2007, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby boy is now 7 months old today and has not had any vaccinations. There are several reasons as to why, when we were going to take him in, we could not afford to pay $400 at the time. My husband has not worked in 7 months, paternity leave and neither have I. We've been with him all the time which is a blessing but somewhat difficult financially. Now that I am back in school and my husband working, we will have our insurance and be starting his vaccinations. I have several questions but do not know where to start. Any advice or help is welcome. Just the thought of my baby getting shots is so scary for me, I don't want to see him inflicted with pain...
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaocihuatzin View Post
Just the thought of my baby getting shots is so scary for me, I don't want to see him inflicted with pain...
Thanks
Then why are you vaccinating? Not being rude, just honestly asking why did you decide to go ahead now and vaccinate?
Old 06-16-2007, 05:13 PM
EVC

Quote:
I have several questions but do not know where to start
Start with your questions! There are some very knowledgeable folks here.

Quote:
Just the thought of my baby getting shots is so scary for me, I don't want to see him inflicted with pain...
There is definitely something to be said for listening to your instincts...

PhDin' mama to dd (Oct. 2005)
Old 06-18-2007, 12:09 AM

if you choose to vaccinate than feel free to ask all the questions you need answered. Just be sure you are 100% ready to vaccinate before you do anything.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:31 PM

Echoing all the above. PLEASE come to the main vax form and do more research. You can't take them back! Sounds like your mama instint telling you something...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Please keep in mind the guidelines for the Selective & Delayed Vax forum when posting in this area:

Quote:
The Selective and Delayed Vaccination forum hosts discussion for parents who have made the decision to vaccinate their children (or are making that decision and want information about selective and delayed vaccination) and are seeking the best approach possible. While we will not restrict posting in this forum only to members who have chosen to vaccinate, we will restrict posting to specific information that is appropriate for the forum purpose and the thread topic posted.

This forum is not a place to argue against selective or delayed vaccination or debate vaccination in general. Such discussions are already hosted in the main Vaccinations forum and posts in that vein are most welcome and appropriate there. Our purpose for this forum is to provide information that is helpful for parents who have made the decision to vaccinate and are not seeking discussion against their decision but rather support and information to help them proceed in the best manner. Please respect this and post at all times with this in mind. Should you have any questions about the appropriateness of your post for this forum feel free to PM the forum moderator.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 PM

Come to the main vaccination forum.

Research each vaccine individually.

-Angela
Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 PM

"The Selective and Delayed Vaccination forum hosts discussion for parents who have made the decision to vaccinate their children (or are making that decision
and want information about selective and delayed vaccination) and are seeking the best approach possible. While we will not restrict posting in this forum
only to members who have chosen to vaccinate, we will restrict posting to specific information that is appropriate for the forum purpose and the thread
topic posted.

This forum is not a place to argue against selective or delayed vaccination or debate vaccination in general. Such discussions are already hosted in the
main Vaccinations forum and posts in that vein are most welcome and appropriate there. Our purpose for this forum is to provide information that is helpful
for parents who have made the decision to vaccinate and are not seeking discussion against their decision but rather support and information to help them
proceed in the best manner. Please respect this and post at all times with this in mind. Should you have any questions about the appropriateness of your
post for this forum feel free to PM the forum moderator."
: So have you considered moving the thread? Just wondering.

User Tag List