Not looking good - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 08-23-2006, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a feeling I may be losing the baby tonight. I have had really mild cramps since yesterday and tonight I had a bit of red bleeding. Please say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed for me. I am going to try to get in with an OB first thing in the morning for a blood test and u/s unless I have sure signs of miscarriage. I will update when I get home.
#2 of 18 Old 08-23-2006, 10:51 PM

#3 of 18 Old 08-23-2006, 10:55 PM

I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
#4 of 18 Old 08-23-2006, 10:58 PM

hugs!! i am sorry

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#5 of 18 Old 08-23-2006, 11:13 PM

#6 of 18 Old 08-24-2006, 01:41 AM

I'll say a prayer for you. <<hugs>>

Kristinjoy.gif, ebfing, cding, non-circing, bedsharing, crazy busy mama to three amazing littles!  
#7 of 18 Old 08-24-2006, 08:58 AM

am thinking about you- please keep us posted...

two girls for us! 04.23.07 & 01.17.10...
#8 of 18 Old 08-24-2006, 09:02 AM

(((Stephanie))) I'm so sorry to read this. I am sending you love and blessings that everything will be ok.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#9 of 18 Old 08-24-2006, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the prayers and sticky vibes, please keep them coming. There is a very remote chance this may still be..

I ended up going to the ER this morning since it was the easiest route and I did not want to wiat. It was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. I sat in the room with nothing to do for about 40 minutes before anyone came in. The Dr finally came in and did an internal to see if my cervix was open. Of course it wasn't. I told her that it was posterior and closed. I don't think she believed that I checked myself. She then left and said they would be in to insert a foley cath but told me nothing else. About 45 minutes later the nurse came in to insert the cath. They were going to do both abdominal and vag u/s. Another nurse came in to do bloodwork at the same time and said she wanted to insert a heplock, just in case. I told her that it was not necessary and she could just draw the blood. I could tell she was not used to being questioned but was fine with it. Meanwhile the other nurse was giving me the thumbs up for asking why things were being done and refusing unnecessary things. Both of these nurses were from large families (7&10) and thought it was neat that I was having #6. At least that was nice.

I was taken to u/s and nothing could be seen on either u/s. The tech said that this was not unusual for 5 weeks, as it is kind of the in between time. She did say that my endometrial tissue was enlarged though and that is an early sign. The nurse came in and took some urine from the cath bag to do a pg test. Of course, most of the urine in the bag was the water they had filled my bladder with from the cath so no suprise it came back neg.

I asked the tech since she could not see anything what the chances were that I was never pg. She said that since I had 2 BFPs and I was at least 7 days late (not to mention having symptoms), there was very little doubt that I was.

I waited forever for the bloodwork to come back. I was having panic attacks sitting in the room with no TV, no mags, etc and finally got myself dressed and was preparing to leave. I told the 1 nurse I really liked what was going on and that I could not sit there anymore. She told everyone that I had to leave and went to find the Dr. My beta test came back at 25. The $$ Store tests start to detect pg at 25. However, it seems too low for where I am now. The guess is that I either had a missed miscarriage or possibly an ectopic since they were only able to see 1 ovary on the u/s. I am supposed to have my levels checked again on Saturday.

So, I really know little more today than I did last night. Most likely I have already lost the baby but it is still in question. The Dr said, "You are not pg" but the discharge papers said that I am.

I am still bleeding but not much. It is not even going on to a pad but is present when I wipe. It is not even as heavy as a period so I have no idea. I hate this not knowing. So I am as emotional as ever and can't pee without screaming form the frickin cath...

I may have my levels checked again tomorrow just to see...
#10 of 18 Old 08-24-2006, 10:20 PM

I'm not in your DDC but wanted to post my support for you. I'll be praying for you! If it's any consolation, I had an u/s at five weeks and we couldn't see anything. We finally saw the baby at 6 1/2 weeks. Take care.
#11 of 18 Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 PM

Stephanie...the not knowing is so hard.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#12 of 18 Old 08-25-2006, 01:27 AM

s to Tnrsmom

I really hope everything is well with you and the babe. Let us know when you get a chance, and if you feel like it.

s:
#13 of 18 Old 08-25-2006, 09:56 AM

Mama, take care of yourself. I would be feeling just like you, not being able to know.
#14 of 18 Old 08-25-2006, 03:12 PM

I hope that this helps a little bit. Please keep updated. I have had some horrible pregnancy related experiences in the ER as well. That was where I found out that I had Uterine Fibroids before I ever had any children. They definitely don't have a very good bedside manner when it comes to telling you stuff either.

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
#15 of 18 Old 08-25-2006, 11:30 PM

Tnrsmom, holding you in the light tonight.
#16 of 18 Old 08-27-2006, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
I had my hcg retested on Friday and it was down to 20. I have bled very little since the whole thing started (less than the equivalent of 1 pad in 4 days) but I have a feeling it is just a matter of time. I no longer have any doubts it is happening it is just a matter of when. I know it can take a while so I am trying not to overdo it.
#17 of 18 Old 08-27-2006, 05:14 PM

I'm so sorry, Stephanie. I wish you much peace and gentle healing.
#18 of 18 Old 08-27-2006, 07:51 PM

Healing thoughts to you.

So sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, and know that you are in our thoughts ans hearts tonight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page