Anyone have morning sickness yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2006, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree - why is it that white bread and sugar is appealing? You would think our bodies would somehow be programmed to crave only good stuff during these early weeks! Yuk...I've had more Wonder Bread and American cheese in the past 3 weeks than I ever have in my life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2006, 12:36 AM

I have all day/ evening sickness. Ewww.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
Old 09-21-2006, 12:50 AM

I am being sure to take my Juice Plus every day along with my prenatals so my body is getting some nutrients. A lot of queasiness and food aversions here.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:22 AM

I've been eating nothing but whole wheat english muffins with peanut butter and cheese quesadillas. DH took me out to dinner tonight to celebrate and I told him I wanted mexican food. Bad idea, I ate a whole basket of chips and that was pretty much it, by the time the food came it didn't look good to me at all. I felt pretty bad for not hardly touching my dinner, but at least he's got a great lunch for tomorrow. I haven't gotten sick since yesterday afternoon, but I've had that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach all day... feels like I'm hungry, but no matter what I eat, it won't go away.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 09-21-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
I've been eating nothing but whole wheat english muffins with peanut butter and cheese quesadillas. DH took me out to dinner tonight to celebrate and I told him I wanted mexican food. Bad idea, I ate a whole basket of chips and that was pretty much it, by the time the food came it didn't look good to me at all. I felt pretty bad for not hardly touching my dinner, but at least he's got a great lunch for tomorrow. I haven't gotten sick since yesterday afternoon, but I've had that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach all day... feels like I'm hungry, but no matter what I eat, it won't go away.
Same for me! I eat a couple bites of my meal and the rest goes to dh. I've been eating yogurt, bread and cereal for ever meal for weeks. I drink lots of juice, but I'm worried that I'm not getting the nutrients. I can sometimes eat a salad or fruit, but usually I'm too sick to keep it down. I hope baby is resiliant down there! Blah...

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 09-21-2006, 01:31 PM

I'm 4 weeks pg and worried that I am not feeling more nauseous!!! My breasts are really hurting today so I'm taking that as a good sign. I had a miscarriage in Sept. 04 and now I'm afraid if I'm not vomiting profusely that something is wrong!

I guess I should count my blessing!!!

Take Care,
Pam
Old 09-21-2006, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Ughhh---my morning sickness is horrible today. Some days I feel pretty much ok but last night I just felt so sick...all I could eat was Tostitos and Sprite which did settle my stomach. This morning I've been battling sickness since 6:45am! I also have a lot of aversions now--some things just look terrible and other things just taste terrible! The only sweets I'm craving (other than Sprite) is fruit juice bars with creamy icecream in the middle.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:09 PM

I have been queasy since before I got my bfp. Now it is really starting to kick up to a level that's interfering with the rest of my life. Yesterday, I had a business trip (hopefully, and likely the last one for a long time) with a co-worker to give a presentation to a bunch of corporate-types. It was soooooo hard!!! For much of the time, I had to just concentrate on not vomiting. When we got to the meeting room, I scoped out all the trash barrels first thing, just in case. The bathroom was like, a city block away so running there was out of the question. Luckily the room was very cold, which helped. Lunch was brought in and all I could eat was watermelon cubes and potato chips. I got some weird looks! I am so happy I got through it without tossing. Dealing with m/s from home today is so much easier after what I went through yesterday! Every time I feel sorry for myself, I will just remember how awful it was to focus all my energy on not vomiting in the airplane, the cab, the woman who I just met's car, the meeting room...

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
Old 09-21-2006, 03:44 PM

It's hit all day here, too. Yucko. Trying to fix supper is a nightmare. Thank goodness we still live with my MIL, as she's been brilliant in taking over if I feel ill. Thank God for the small blessings!

One thing that seems to help is sucking on one square of dark chocolate. It kind of gets me over the totally yucky feeling. At least for a little bit. I can't wait until my frontier order gets here tomorrow with the Morning Sickness Magic. I'm praying it works brilliantly!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
Old 09-21-2006, 06:12 PM

Ok, you can now add me to the list! All that yummy protein I have been consuming all day has now just gone to waste! Tossed it all up. I hope that by continuing to eat all this protein I can prevent this from happening all the time, but we shall see. Protein is good though right? *sigh*

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:27 PM

So for so good. Just had problems with brushing my teeth. I read on another post somewhere that protein will help with the morning sickness. Also try ginger cookies. Last one I was sick realy bad so this is a nice change.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsingirl View Post
I'm 4 weeks pg and worried that I am not feeling more nauseous!!! My breasts are really hurting today so I'm taking that as a good sign. I had a miscarriage in Sept. 04 and now I'm afraid if I'm not vomiting profusely that something is wrong!

I guess I should count my blessing!!!

Take Care,
Pam
I've heard that a lot of the time ms doesn't start until week 6. That's how it was for me. I felt fine until the 6th week and then it hit.

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 09-21-2006, 08:20 PM

Kristi,
That's what I keep telling myself. I'll enjoy NOT being sick while I can. I don't know how I'm getting be hurling and chasing my 1yo around!

Take Care, Pam
Old 09-22-2006, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsingirl View Post
Kristi,
That's what I keep telling myself. I'll enjoy NOT being sick while I can. I don't know how I'm getting be hurling and chasing my 1yo around!

Take Care, Pam
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be one of the lucky ones who escapes ms!

Kristi

Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 PM

I just started a couple of days ago. I thought I was going to escape it b/c my mother never had any w. either pregnancy. No actually getting sick yet, but I feel nauseas and nothing seems appetizing. Mostly sticking to crackers. After 5 pm or so I can eat anything I want and have a huge appetite.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:34 PM

ME!! I'm sick ALL day! I've even gotten a trip to the ER then an over night stay in the hospital b/c I was so sick I couldn't keep anything down and was very dehydrated (8 bags of fluid worth!!)

Mine usually go away around 14 weeks, I'm 7 weeks now! So I have a long way to go.

I am on meds now to hellp and I can keep somethings down but I tend to get sick at least once a day and that is usually at night.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:04 AM

i felt sick a lot with my first but only actually threw up twice (unfortunately once was in the subway station ).
i'm at about 4 weeks right now and nothing major yet but definitely going back and forth between feeling super hungry and then feeling NO interest in anything edible. tonight i cooked a big dinner then didn't want to eat any of it...forced myself to eat the veggies and some rice but was not feeling the fish AT ALL. oh well...
Old 10-03-2006, 02:44 PM

I'm at week 10 now and I'm reeeeeally hoping the ms will go away within the next week or so! I get sick almost everyday and I feel nauseous ALL day which sucks. With my mom she only had ms for the first trimester, so I hope I will follow suit and it will go away. I was drinking a lot of water and eating crackers, but for the past couple weeks I can't even do that. I eat what seems appetizing (which isn't usually healthy) and just hope it stays down. I can't wait to feel better so I can start eating better.

Kristi

Old 10-03-2006, 05:19 PM

Yup. The queazies set in at 5 weeks.

*bleah*
Old 10-03-2006, 07:36 PM

feeling so ill 24 hours a day right now. i'm waking up in the middle of the night feeling gross. i haven't actually been sick yet. the nausea makes it really hard to find things to eat.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post
I have been queasy since before I got my bfp. Now it is really starting to kick up to a level that's interfering with the rest of my life. Yesterday, I had a business trip (hopefully, and likely the last one for a long time) with a co-worker to give a presentation to a bunch of corporate-types. It was soooooo hard!!! For much of the time, I had to just concentrate on not vomiting. When we got to the meeting room, I scoped out all the trash barrels first thing, just in case. The bathroom was like, a city block away so running there was out of the question. Luckily the room was very cold, which helped. Lunch was brought in and all I could eat was watermelon cubes and potato chips. I got some weird looks! I am so happy I got through it without tossing. Dealing with m/s from home today is so much easier after what I went through yesterday! Every time I feel sorry for myself, I will just remember how awful it was to focus all my energy on not vomiting in the airplane, the cab, the woman who I just met's car, the meeting room...
OMG I can't imagine having to do something OFFICIAL right now. I brought my son to the library for storytime today and all I could do was sit there and try not to turn green.

I got some Prince of Peace Ginger Honey crystals yesterday. You mix them with water, hot or cold, and it makes a sweet and spicy tummy-soothing drink. It's workin' for that nausea!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:35 PM

the last 2 days have been pretty rough. Yesterday I was out shopping and I couldn't take it anymore. I bought an ice cold can of regular Coke. I love that stuff on a queasy stomach. It was instant relief.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:36 PM

Mine finally hit just before six weeks (like a week ago) and I just feel mildly ill all the time and can't each much of anything. I just discovered that orange juice is really great for raising my blood sugar levels so I feel better at least for a bit. Hats off to those of you who are really sick and yet still managing to stay on top of your lives! I don't know how you do it!

ILANA
Old 10-07-2006, 03:14 PM

I, too, have found that orange juice tastes really great these days. Last night I had to have some ginger ale before bed. That helped. Seltzer is good, too. Whoooo I've had some strong nausea the past couple of days. It seems to be worse at night. I try to get stuff done in the a.m. before it sets in...
Old 10-07-2006, 03:18 PM

I am right there with all of you! Have been feeling quite sick and have been living on ginger ale! Hope it's a good sign!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:10 AM

Hi! Well I have not missed out on morning sickness...hit me last week at 6 weeks. I've not actually thrown up but I'm nauseous 24/7...and it's so much worse at night I can hardly sleep! YUCKY!

Good Luck!
Pam

User Tag List